Walking Dead Rick Jacket

Nice that is a fine collar design yeah it’s still pretty cool man I like it
cheers Trev i sent them over some pics on ebay and i outlined the collar angles for them to make it easier to understand. i like the way your collars shearling is folded over from front to back like ricks!

cheers Trev i sent them over some pics on ebay and i outlined the collar angles for them to make it easier to understand. i like the way your collars shearling is folded over from front to back like ricks!
Thank you my dude. Indy did it. His design is pretty solid I’d say. If anyone needs to make some constructive criticism on it I’d understand j mean that’s what this thread’s about but for mine I’m totally fine with it I love it. Plus I needed a jacket all I have is hoodies lol

Thank you my dude. Indy did it. His design is pretty solid I’d say. If anyone needs to make some constructive criticism on it I’d understand j mean that’s what this thread’s about but for mine I’m totally fine with it I love it. Plus I needed a jacket all I have is hoodies lol
Hey man jacket looks great! Had a few questions from what you posted so far

Color's been quite a hassle in terms of getting it right, based on what we've seen and what you can compare in person is the suede color accurate to that of the show since we got the sourced leather? I notice it varies depending on the lighting and in some pictures it looks lighter but it could also be because of the way it's lit; it seems like it would be a much darker/richer brown in person

You mentioned the collar has some flexibility which allows it to have the certain shapes as depicted in the show and will retain its shape with heavy movement and running, is it noticeably stiff at some points or does it still retain a comfortable rigidness?

Following up with rigidness and how you said it is somewhat warmer but still comfy, do you find the jacket to be too stiff/limiting or is it light enough to allow for some flexible movement without it being too loose?

Jacket looks awesome man and I appreciate you making the first purchase, I'm extremely tempted to purchase asap once bills are taken care of and it looks like Indy Magnoli did a fantastic job. If you get a chance Trev could you take some close up detail shots like the back of the collar triangle design or the shoulder seams? Just so we can take a look at everything that's covered ;)

Yes I can take more pictures I’ll set it outside in the day light to take them tomorrow. The jacket itself is flexible moreso than most replicas however I do not know how it compares with an Ugg as I’ve never wore or even seen one in person.

Now as for Magnoli’s Suede jacket it is heavier than it looks but it does maintain enough flexibility for me however the shoulders are a bit stiff but I do believe that’s because of my measurements I meant to make them wider to get the oversized Jacket # 3 (everyone’s fav Rick jacket variant) look but I forgot to change the shoulder measurements and so I left them at a fitted/tailored measurement. So that one is most likely my fault but regardless it’s no big deal to me as I love the jacket, now I still am not sure if the stiffness in the shoulders would change much if I had gone with wider measurements in shoulders I do believe it would’ve and a lot of this jacket in general relies heavily on very carefully placed measurements based off the Rick jacket variant you want.

And the collar design as you’ve asked I will post better pictures of it as well and it seems as though it is just the right amount of shearling in terms of length but it looks like Rick’s has a tad bit more thickness in the shearling, other than that it does have the “bulging/pointed ends” effect that everyone wants but you can alter it by hand to sit in different ways and it stays I’ve noticed even with heavy movement like running.

The suede coloring has most certainly been altered by Womble for at least one of the three jackets he wears because in scenes where he wears any variant of his jacket it appears noticeably darker as the show goes on regardless of which variant it is, that’s most likely distressing by Womble to fit the time lapse of the show and its apocalyptic effect on clothing or the jacket itself. So for that you’d either need to wear this jacket in harsh environments a lot or request the intense distressing on your order to fit that darker more rugged look on the suede.

also paging Razor1986 Just A Dead Man to assess the new jacket

Hi there,

Somebody rang? :p

I've looked at the pictures and to it seems that the jacket overall is an improvement compared to other jackets that I've seen in terms of material, construction, lining etc. However with that said, there are a few things that I do notice. Especially take notice of points 1, 2 and 9:

1) The shape of the jacket doesn't appear to have this curve at the sides. If you look at the original jacket you should see the jacket becoming tighter at the waist and flaring out again at the bottom hem. From what I can see in these pictures there's only this inward curve at the armits, but not much of a curve outwards (if at all) when you go downward, which looks rather straight if you'd ask me. Again, that's what I see from the pictures, of which some are taken from an angle, so I might be wrong here. (Awaiting more pictures of the jacket, yes. :p )

2) Also, there still seems to be an issue with pointy shoulders. I find it hard to explain why the shoulders on the original look the way the look and look different on the replica. Whatever it is, the original jacket doesn't have pointy shoulders, but very rounded ones, yet it does have set-in sleeves set in at an angle. Perhaps it also matters how the armholes are cut and how wide it is at the armits and the chest and also how the sleeves are cut at the end that gets attached to the arm holes. The original UGG jacket is pretty wide at the chest.

3) I feel that the waist pockets should be tilted more.

4) The suede seems to look pretty nice. I presume that the colors of the suede and the stitch thread are copied from the samples that were sent to Indy?

5) The color of the ribbed fabric seems to be too bright and red/maroon. It's actually pretty dark brown on the original, much like - if not identical to - the color of the stitch thread that's used. I think that it's most probably the material of the ribbed fabric together with the lighting conditions that make it look lighter and reddish. If I take a picture of the jacket it almost always shows up as maroonish/reddish brown, while in normal daylight it's actually dark brown, with some grey (again: most likely because of the lighting).

6) The color of the fur still seems a little on the bright side. I'd advise a more darker beige color, but without a color sample it's hard to get it right anyway.

7) The zippers seem to be a size 8 and with correct collors, so that's nice. Too bad that the sliders on the waist pockets are just the regular ones. Can't see the buttons (both the knobs and the caps) so I don't know about the shape and sizes of those.

8) As for the contruction of the collar, I can't tell much about it. It does somewhat replicate the collar of the original, but I don't like how the fur seems to be simply turned over the edge and stitched at the back side of the collar. I'm not sure that's the case with Rick's jacket in the series, but to be fair, I don't know exactly how they've done it either.

9) I just noticed, I think Indy is working from some kind of template instead of using my measurements to get the correct shape of the jacket. I don't understand how otherwise the curved edge of the suede at the armpits right beneath the triple stitched chest piece is only like 1,5 cm long instead of 4,5 cm. My files for both the L and XL clearly say 4,5 cm. Perhaps it would be 4 cm on an M and S, but nowhere near 1,5 cm. Not getting measurements like these correct, will get you a different shape, which will also influence things like pulling and pointy shoulders etc.

I don't know what measurements are used, but I think this all has to do with this made-to-measure mindset on which Indy is pretty much set. I mean, made-to-measure is great, but not when you're still trying to find out how the jacket model should actually look like, hence my advocation for using ONLY the measurements of standard sizes that I have provided (which are L and XL). I don't see why you can't use these measurements as a template for this jacket and work out your made-to-measure from there. Right now it feels like there's a lot of muddling going on, starting from some sort of standard template (with custom measurements provided by the customer) and fitting in specific details in the design later on to make it look like the original jacket. This approach also makes it hard if not impossible to actually have an accurate jacket.

I've said it before and I will repeat myself: a lot of these inaccuracies can be prevented, by just sticking to the information that I've provided for the standard sizes L and XL. It's not hard to read. It's in english, it has pretty pictures with measurements all over the place.
If a jacket is ever going to be made following my measurements, only then will I be able to tell about the pointy arms issue. The measurements on the L and XL serve as perfect templates for people who normally wear these sizes and I don't think it's too difficult to figure out the measurements for an M and S as well.

Last edited:
Yes I can take more pictures I’ll set it outside in the day light to take them tomorrow. The jacket itself is flexible moreso than most replicas however I do not know how it compares with an Ugg as I’ve never wore or even seen one in person.

Now as for Magnoli’s Suede jacket it is heavier than it looks but it does maintain enough flexibility for me however the shoulders are a bit stiff but I do believe that’s because of my measurements I meant to make them wider to get the oversized Jacket # 3 (everyone’s fav Rick jacket variant) look but I forgot to change the shoulder measurements and so I left them at a fitted/tailored measurement. So that one is most likely my fault but regardless it’s no big deal to me as I love the jacket, now I still am not sure if the stiffness in the shoulders would change much if I had gone with wider measurements in shoulders I do believe it would’ve and a lot of this jacket in general relies heavily on very carefully placed measurements based off the Rick jacket variant you want.

And the collar design as you’ve asked I will post better pictures of it as well and it seems as though it is just the right amount of shearling in terms of length but it looks like Rick’s has a tad bit more thickness in the shearling, other than that it does have the “bulging/pointed ends” effect that everyone wants but you can alter it by hand to sit in different ways and it stays I’ve noticed even with heavy movement like running.

The suede coloring has most certainly been altered by Womble for at least one of the three jackets he wears because in scenes where he wears any variant of his jacket it appears noticeably darker as the show goes on regardless of which variant it is, that’s most likely distressing by Womble to fit the time lapse of the show and its apocalyptic effect on clothing or the jacket itself. So for that you’d either need to wear this jacket in harsh environments a lot or request the intense distressing on your order to fit that darker more rugged look on the suede.

I've had the pleasure to have the White Sheep Leather jacket as well (I actually worked out that jacket with them before I had any idea what kind of jacket it really was, so I'm sorry for the inaccuracies that turned out to be in there). You're definitely right about the flexibility. The suede of the White Sheep Leather replica jacket for example is terrible compared to the UGG. The White Sheep Leather suede is thick, crude, hairy, much less flexible and subtle than the UGG is, which is very fine and subtle and has a nice shimmer in the light. I'm pretty sure that the jacket you have right now is much better than the White Sheep Leather in terms of materials and quality, so there's that.

As for the shoulders, the measurements used for this jacket might explain some of my issues with your jacket: the pointy shoulders. I don't know what measurements your shoulders have, what you've sent to Indy and how Indy implemented these in his design. I suspect it's from some sort of template, which also explains several other inaccuracies that shouldn't have been there if they used my measurements as template instead. The original UGG is pretty wide in the shoulders and the chest and armpits as well.

I'm also interested in pics of the collar (in fact pics showing the jacket in general, laying flat on the ground, front, back, etc.). It's a shame that the fur is not real shearling, as I have horrible flashbacks of the fake fur used in the White Sheep Leather replica, which was just ugly and showed the white knitted fabric through the fur at numerous places. The shearling of the UGG is much sturdier and durable, but not really soft like a soft teddy bear. I'm not sure if that will affect the thickness of the fur as the shearling on the UGG doesn't look that much thicker than the fur on yours. I think it's the alteration of the collar itself (pushing parts inwards and folding parts over and stitching it tight), that causes the collar to look thicker (because of the part that's pushed inwards underneath the fur).

As for suede coloring, I don't think Womble has done an awful lot. Just some weathering. Even in pristine condition the UGG suede is pretty dark/blackish brown, which also shows in the series already. And also there may be some very slight color differences in the suede that's used when making the UGG jackets. Some parts maybe a tiny bit darker than other parts. Overall you'd get the darker color effect, grease spots and wrinkles at the seams and whatever by simply wearing the jacket (and by doing so you're already in the process of weathering it). I'm 100% sure of that. ;)

Biggest issues for me with this jacket is as Razor said, the shape, its still boxy in the chest and shoulders like a suit, particularly noticeable on the picture of it laying flat, whether it's measurements I don't know, but it really affects the look.

I think only when those were fixed would I be interested enough to consider it. I have to agree with Razor1986 that it would be beneficial for Indy Magnoli to work from the measurements of the UGG jacket, if nothing else as a test to see how it affects the shape, and then the jacket could be made either using those measurements for people who request it, or made to measure while maybe keeping the important measurements in mind that affect the shape. Indy Magnoli - would you consider looking into this to further improve the accuracy of the jacket? I think after all of the improvements that have been made, the shape of the jacket and how it wears is one major thing that people look for in this jacket. I believe a considerable number of people would be interested if this replica ticked the major box of how the jacket wears.

Otherwise there's a lot to like about it, the suede looks nice, especially when looking at how the suede of the arms bunches up in some of the pictures, gives more of an idea of how soft almost it is.

See this is one of the reasons why I bought it to help y’all I’m glad everyone is back to analyzing this jacket design.

So my best suggestion would be for someone to let Indy borrow an Ugg for a while to properly replicate every single detail accurately aside from the original Ugg collar design as it is very thick and will have to be cut anyway for those with Ugg. Now that being said one of the biggest reasons Ugg Belfast is so hard to replicate is mostly due to its unavailability.

My measurements on the shoulders were too short for me it was too late to alter them by the time I realized so that ones my fault but even still it’s fine it’s not a big deal for me as I said my reason for purchasing this was because I needed a jacket anyway and the second reason was to help this thread or more specifically analyze Indy’s design.

My criticism of the jacket is basically the same as what you’ve listed, the zipper and ridges are also a gold color on the Ugg including the side pockets and yes they needed to be tilted further inwards.

Will take pics here in a minute..

Last edited:
The way I see it Razor has all the research and design notes on file that are necessary to properly construct an Ugg Belfast replica with altered collar to fit Wombles style. Indy may need to work closely with you Razor if he attempts to replicate further more accurately.

Hey you know what this is a very dumb suggestion but has anyone tried reaching out to Womble somehow to ask for detailed pictures of the shows jacket? Lol nah that’s a dumb suggestion ignore this paragraph

There you go gentlemen lemme know if y’all need more or what kinda shot I need to take.

Attachments

• 563B587A-A83B-446C-A068-17A9C1F5FAAB.jpeg
    563B587A-A83B-446C-A068-17A9C1F5FAAB.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 311
  • EF3F02CF-302D-4C00-B288-9467C8085AC6.jpeg
    EF3F02CF-302D-4C00-B288-9467C8085AC6.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 284
  • 43FBF8A0-CF6F-4796-9EC1-F915F7F586DE.jpeg
    43FBF8A0-CF6F-4796-9EC1-F915F7F586DE.jpeg
    7.9 MB · Views: 310
  • 2C54A05D-5438-4B57-9FA3-F243314389EF.jpeg
    2C54A05D-5438-4B57-9FA3-F243314389EF.jpeg
    6.6 MB · Views: 264
  • 6E4046FB-2774-4A95-9DC0-C9004C932904.jpeg
    6E4046FB-2774-4A95-9DC0-C9004C932904.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 258
  • E2F3A719-F248-4729-AFB8-A780C3CCF49B.jpeg
    E2F3A719-F248-4729-AFB8-A780C3CCF49B.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 244
  • 4C2AD42F-E92D-451F-883A-4D67E31D9F07.jpeg
    4C2AD42F-E92D-451F-883A-4D67E31D9F07.jpeg
    882.9 KB · Views: 236
  • 2C391657-B660-4A9A-8EF8-A7E7CEA0D52E.jpeg
    2C391657-B660-4A9A-8EF8-A7E7CEA0D52E.jpeg
    887 KB · Views: 226
  • DCF4365E-2654-4160-B9D8-6E6E5BFAE118.jpeg
    DCF4365E-2654-4160-B9D8-6E6E5BFAE118.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 277
Trev211996 Thanks for all the pictures youve sent, it's helped a lot with this, really appreciate this.

Indy Magnoli Thanks Indy, I think with some more tweaks to this, particularly in terms of of the jackets shape, I would definitely be interested in buying. Would you mind following Razor1986 latest messages and creating a jacket following the Large measurements, just so we can see how this turns out? I think we would definitely be curious to see how it looks compared to the original UGG, and also how it wears.

Razor1986 Would you mind providing Indy with your documents again for the Large, and also add anything that you think is important/relevant for this latest revision.

You can see that the front is curved inwards more too on an Ugg and also the zipper pockets do need to be tilted more inwards.

Attachments

• E9FFA1C0-3E70-4C6A-B3A1-ED28A33DE145.jpeg
    E9FFA1C0-3E70-4C6A-B3A1-ED28A33DE145.jpeg
    289.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 6B0931DF-BA42-45DE-B561-1A2F90E6D446.jpeg
    6B0931DF-BA42-45DE-B561-1A2F90E6D446.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 208
See this is one of the reasons why I bought it to help y’all I’m glad everyone is back to analyzing this jacket design.

So my best suggestion would be for someone to let Indy borrow an Ugg for a while to properly replicate every single detail accurately aside from the original Ugg collar design as it is very thick and will have to be cut anyway for those with Ugg. Now that being said one of the biggest reasons Ugg Belfast is so hard to replicate is mostly due to its unavailability.

My measurements on the shoulders were too short for me it was too late to alter them by the time I realized so that ones my fault but even still it’s fine it’s not a big deal for me as I said my reason for purchasing this was because I needed a jacket anyway and the second reason was to help this thread or more specifically analyze Indy’s design.

My criticism of the jacket is basically the same as what you’ve listed, the zipper and ridges are also a gold color on the Ugg including the side pockets and yes they needed to be tilted further inwards.

Will take pics here in a minute..

It's very brave and noble of you to do this. Borrowing an UGG you say? You see, that's the pickle. I believe there are very few people (myself included) who would want to risk losing an original UGG jacket by sending it back and forth across the world. It's also the reason for me to document all measurements of this jacket.

Trev211996 Thanks for all the pictures youve sent, it's helped a lot with this, really appreciate this.

Indy Magnoli Thanks Indy, I think with some more tweaks to this, particularly in terms of of the jackets shape, I would definitely be interested in buying. Would you mind following Razor1986 latest messages and creating a jacket following the Large measurements, just so we can see how this turns out? I think we would definitely be curious to see how it looks compared to the original UGG, and also how it wears.

Razor1986 Would you mind providing Indy with your documents again for the Large, and also add anything that you think is important/relevant for this latest revision.

I wouldn't mind providing Indy Magnoli with all the info. In fact I've updated the notes and added a few extra info on the arm openings.

You can see that the front is curved inwards more too on an Ugg and also the zipper pockets do need to be tilted more inwards.

Exactly what I thought. Could you perhaps also look at the back of all your zipper sliders? I said that the zipper teeth size on the main zipper and waist pockets looked correct (I said size 10, but I meant to say size 8. I corrected my post though), but I feel that I might have been wrong and it's just size 5 on your jacket. Could you perhaps check the zipper sliders on both the main zipper as well as the waist pocket zippers and see what the number is on the back of the sliders?

Happy to revise however you want guys... just let me know and we'll tweak as necessary to get these perfect for you.

Well, that's the problem, this is a jacket with custom measurements and I have no idea how these measurements have influenced parts of the design of the jacket. However there are a few things to mention regardless.
- The waist pocket openenings should be tilted more inwards, as noted in the documents where I even documented a few measurements that should get you the correct angle.
- The jacket doesn't flare out at the bottom from the middle of the waist pocket openings downwards
- The shape of the suede pieces at the front and also the back (not flaring out from the horizontal curved seam downwards) need improvement.
- I suspect the wrong size of zippers is used. Size 8 should be used (not confirmed by Trev as of yet).
- The button caps are of the right size, but the button studs are way too big. They should be 10 mm instead of what they are now.
- The shoulders look pointy, whereas the original has very rounded off shoulders.

- Although it's a bit of a personal preference I guess, but might I suggest altering the lining. I noticed that the lining isn't having the criss cross stitching creating a diamond pattern used to hold the lining material in place.
As for the print itself, although I like the design of the print, the colors are burning through my eyes. I've looked at some of the prints that Suzahdi has used on their Rick jackets and I liked these two quite a bit:

It's something that's nagging me constantly.

It's very brave and noble of you to do this. Borrowing an UGG you say? You see, that's the pickle. I believe there are very few people (myself included) who would want to risk losing an original UGG jacket by sending it back and forth across the world. It's also the reason for me to document all measurements of this jacket.

I wouldn't mind providing Indy Magnoli with all the info. In fact I've updated the notes and added a few extra info on the arm openings.

Exactly what I thought. Could you perhaps also look at the back of all your zipper sliders? I said that the zipper teeth size on the main zipper and waist pockets looked correct (I said size 10, but I meant to say size 8. I corrected my post though), but I feel that I might have been wrong and it's just size 5 on your jacket. Could you perhaps check the zipper sliders on both the main zipper as well as the waist pocket zippers and see what the number is on the back of the sliders?

Well, that's the problem, this is a jacket with custom measurements and I have no idea how these measurements have influenced parts of the design of the jacket. However there are a few things to mention regardless.
- The waist pocket openenings should be tilted more inwards, as noted in the documents where I even documented a few measurements that should get you the correct angle.
- The jacket doesn't flare out at the bottom from the middle of the waist pocket openings downwards
- The shape of the suede pieces at the front and also the back (not flaring out from the horizontal curved seam downwards) need improvement.
- I suspect the wrong size of zippers is used. Size 8 should be used (not confirmed by Trev as of yet).
- The button caps are of the right size, but the button studs are way too big. They should be 10 mm instead of what they are now.
- The shoulders look pointy, whereas the original has very rounded off shoulders.

- Although it's a bit of a personal preference I guess, but might I suggest altering the lining. I noticed that the lining isn't having the criss cross stitching creating a diamond pattern used to hold the lining material in place.
As for the print itself, although I like the design of the print, the colors are burning through my eyes. I've looked at some of the prints that Suzahdi has used on their Rick jackets and I liked these two quite a bit:

It's something that's nagging me constantly.
Absolutely will do. Oh and yeah I can understand not wanting to lose your UGG however the likelyhood of you losing it in transit is very nil but still possible I can understand that. If I bought an UGG instead I’d have done that just because this is kinda fun trying to get this replicated I don’t know why maybe I’m insane.

Detailed zipper pics coming...

For the main zipper (front of jacket downwards)
BA2750A6-7F84-4B97-814E-623D3D47F722.jpeg
F026DE63-0EC3-453E-8498-F2E306F309F8.jpeg

Edit: below’s attachments are the side pocket zippers pics. No size displayed on those however

Attachments

• 66260EF0-39B2-42CF-9DAA-51A94088F65C.jpeg
    66260EF0-39B2-42CF-9DAA-51A94088F65C.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 96

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back