Walking Dead Rick Jacket

yes i see what
Interesting little fun fact that confirms what I thought that yes Womble seeked out a jacket similar to comic Rick’s and in doing so the closest she could find was the UGG Belfast Suede Bomber but to maintain similarities between comic version removed the pocket, UGG logos and altered collar to suit Comic Rick’s jacket. I though that was interesting. Here’s comic Rick vs TV Rick..

EDIT: This explains why some replicas out there are really bulky and brighter browned colored with whiter looking collar.. these replicas were attempting comic Rick’s jacket replication as they look much more similar to that than TV show jacket.
yes there is a wide range of different alrernate styles of the jacket from various companies. is it true that womble said she found the ugg jacket in a thrift store!!!!?

yes i see what

yes there is a wide range of different alrernate styles of the jacket from various companies. is it true that womble said she found the ugg jacket in a thrift store!!!!?

Yup, all three... seriously though, I have my doubts. Maybe she found one, but all three? I don't think so. Or maybe the whole story is bogus as I remembered that she was quick to point out that the jacket was from a thrift store and the jacket was altered and it only existed in the series and nowhere else, meaning: don't try to look for this jacket as you won't find it anywhere else as it's a one of a kind that I made from an old jacket. That's what I got from it, before it was known that the jacket was an Ugg jacket.

Last edited:
Yup, all three... seriously though, I have my doubts. Maybe she found one, but all three? I don't think so. Or maybe the whole story is bogus as I remembered that she was quick to point out that the jacket was from a thrift store and the jacket was altered and it only existed in the series and nowhere else, meaning: don't try to look for this jacket as you won't find it anywhere else as it's a one of a kind that I made from an old jacket. That's what I got from it, before it was known that the jacket was an Ugg jacket.
This. Also don't forget that everytime someone asked Eulyn about a shirt, she always said she made them herself, which she didn't, she just heavily modified a lot of them. I am guessing she said it was from a thrift shop because it was easier than explaining everything she did in detail, and to make it unique for the show, it is her job afterall.

This. Also don't forget that everytime someone asked Eulyn about a shirt, she always said she made them herself, which she didn't, she just heavily modified a lot of them. I am guessing she said it was from a thrift shop because it was easier than explaining everything she did in detail, and to make it unique for the show, it is her job afterall.
she is the baine of my life everything in my world was so simple until she came along and bought this jacket out into the light and altered it, i swear she is haunting me!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

hi Razor ,Trev here is my whitesheep rick jacket i have just finished altering the collar on, i folded over the shearling on the left side of the collar as per ricks and and angled the right side to try and achieve the pointed effect. Indy said i should be getting pictures of my magnoli jacket at some point next week!
IMG_20191104_055746.jpg

Well, I think your collar mimics Rick's collar pretty well, but I'm pretty sure that the shearling isn't simply folded over the edge. Have you checked this picture in which I explained how I think the collar is altered?:

Collar 6.jpg

IMG_20191009_061636.jpg
IMG_20191009_061636.jpg
IMG_20191009_061636.jpg
Hi Razor i tried to miic thisangle of the collar where it looks like it is folded over and the zip track disappears under the folded collar and causes the bulge, What other things are going on that i have missed dude?

View attachment 1081482
Hi Razor i tried to miic thisangle of the collar where it looks like it is folded over and the zip track disappears under the folded collar and causes the bulge, What other things are going on that i have missed dude?

You're right that the zip teeth disappear into the folded collar - which indeed causes the bulge - but that's only one half of the story. I believe that the shearling isn't simply folded over the edge, but simply tucked back into the collar and stitched tight. I think it's the fluffiness and thickness of the shearling itself that's making it pop out over the edge, making it look like it's folded over the edge.

The dark/shadowy back side of the collar is actually the suede part of the collar. The tips of the collar seem to get pulled up because the shearling is tucked into the collar pretty deep, making the collar pretty thick at the bulge. In fact it's the thickness that's causing the bulge, because of all the stuff that gets folded and tucked into the collar. I hope I make sense.

Here are a few pictures that hopefully explain my point:

Collar 6.jpg
james collar explanation.jpg

Last edited:
You're right that the zip teeth disappear into the folded collar - which indeed causes the bulge - but that's only one half of the story. I believe that the shearling isn't simply folded over the edge, but simply tucked back into the collar and stitched tight. I think it's the fluffiness and thickness of the shearling itself that's making it pop out over the edge, making it look like it's folded over the edge.

The dark/shadowy back side of the collar is actually the suede part of the collar. The tips of the collar seem to get pulled up because the shearling is tucked into the collar pretty deep, making the collar pretty thick at the bulge. In fact it's the thickness that's causing the bulge, because of all the stuff gets folded and tucked into the collar. I hope I make sense.

Here are a few pictures that hopefully explain my point:

View attachment 1081637
View attachment 1081638
yes thatr does make sense i can see from your pictures how i thought it was just folded over but it clearly is not i can see that the excess hhearling gives it that illusion well spotted ! yes it is folded over and sewn back in tight and that coupled with the ziptrack underneath gives the bulge effect i think thats what you mean?:cool:

yes thatr does make sense i can see from your pictures how i thought it was just folded over but it clearly is not i can see that the excess hhearling gives it that illusion well spotted ! yes it is folded over and sewn back in tight and that coupled with the ziptrack underneath gives the bulge effect i think thats what you mean?:cool:

Exactly.

so do you reckon if i stitch that back in tight on my collar it will nearly be right?

I guess? I don't know how you altered your collar and what it looked like originally.

Exactly.

I guess? I don't know how you altered your collar and what it looked like originally.
it was completely flat across the top of both sides with no shape at all just flat kind of square like but on the left side i folded over the whole collar in all the way around then to shape the right side i cut the top of the collar from the tip on a slight curve of about half and inch then cut it back upon a diagonal for about 3 inches then i have sewn everything back up

it was completely flat across the top of both sides with no shape at all just flat kind of square like but on the left side i folded over the whole collar in all the way around then to shape the right side i cut the top of the collar from the tip on a slight curve of about half and inch then cut it back upon a diagonal for about 3 inches then i have sewn everything back up
bi Trev and Razor here is my final attempt at achieving the collar for one of the 3 jackets
IMG_20191110_173802.jpg
IMG_20191110_174105.jpg
IMG_20191110_173802.jpgIMG_20191110_174105.jpg
IMG_20191110_173802.jpg
IMG_20191110_174105.jpg

Last edited:
I’m sorry fellas I’m still here if you need more pics I’ve just taken interest in regular fleece jackets lately I know weird choice but because of the Fanatics website (big football fan) I love the Nike fleece jackets. This is what I do when Fall comes lol I buy jackets usually just one but this year idk feeling different

Anyway still here to help if needed

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back