Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncut Gems

• Little Women

• Total voters

Vivek

Master Member
Vote for your favourite movie of 2019. Choose one movie from the above poll to cast your vote.

Movies in the poll are listed in release date order and there are about 50 movies listed as a refresher.

If your choice of movie is not listed in the poll, mention it in the comments. You can also list your top 5 or top 10 favourite movies.

It has to be Endgame. Endgame couldn't have happened at any other time than the culmination of a decade of films, and there will never be another film like it, ever. As great as some of those other films might be, I couldn't say the same. Endgame is unique in that way.

Last edited:
Since my daughter was born in Summer of 2019 I wasn't able to go to the cinema as often as I wanted. So from the movies I've seen I pick John Wick 3.

I love the world and the style of this franchise.

Avengers Endgame was a little disappointing to me. IMHO Infinity War was a much better movie.

Endgame is #1. If I had a #2 choice that would be Joker. In both cases I felt like I was watching something special.

My top 5:

#1 Avengers Endgame
#2 Once Upon A Time... In Hollywood
#3 The Irishman
#4 Ford vs Ferrari
#5 The Two Popes

Joker - Jonquin Phoenix is pretty much in every shot, I don't recall seeing another film done quite like it. Jojo Rabbit has only just hit our screens so cannot comment on it, but looks good from the trailer.

I have two films that stand out for me: Knives Out and Endgame. Both brilliant for very different reasons, but Usagi Pilgrim and dascoyne summarise it best;

Based on cast, story, & performances, I have to go with Knives Out.

One of the only films I saw that wasn't a part of a franchise, that I really wanted to see more of these characters.

Absolutely the same - I went in knowing nothing about the film and loved every second. Was refreshing in every way.

It has to be Endgame. Endgame couldn't have happened at any other time than the culmination of a decade of films, and there will never be another film like it, ever. Endgame is unique in that way.

The experience of watching Endgame in the cinema was fantastic. The payoff was brilliant and earned.

In the end, I'm going with Knives Out purely for "CSI: KFC"

I chose Avengers:Endgame because I'm a huge fan of superheroes in general, but I definitely wanted to see the conclusion of all these MCU movies.I thought the story was extremely well-written and it kept me on the edge of my seat until the very end, even more so than any previous MCU movies.

Furthermore I was amazed by the CGI and appearance of Mysterio in Spider-man: Far from home, enough to make me want to go see it five times, just like Endgame.Just like with all characters you've been waiting to see alive on the big screen, this was a true treat and true to the comic book with his trickery and holograms to fool Spidey.

Last edited:
Joker - Jonquin Phoenix is pretty much in every shot, I don't recall seeing another film done quite like it. Jojo Rabbit has only just hit our screens so cannot comment on it, but looks good from the trailer.

Jealous you haven't seen Jojo yet... I have no great movie to look forward to currently.... :D

Joker and I Am Mother are the best two for me. Both films make you worry for two hours without having to use cheap jumpscares (which I hate 'cause 1) I find them cheap and 2) I **** my pants) or anything like that. Just (I mean, "just") good scripts, smart use of music and silence, great cinematography and one hell of a performance by the protagonist of each movie. Also the little decisions, like raw gunshot sounds in Joker, darkness in I Am Mother, or the fact that it rains just at the right time so that Arthur gets to his building all wet, cold and miserable so that you expect the worst... I mean it's all very intelligent. They want you to feel... a lot. Those movies made me think about that for a while.

I went with “Us,” with “Endgame” being a very close second.

This poll makes me sad...because I realize I only went to the theater like four times this year.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back