virtuosity props?

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
just wondering, out of all the really.... bad sci fi movies i have seen in my life, this one was one of the better "crap, but good crap" movies.

has anyone ever made any props from it? i am mainly interested in SID's little memory crystal, or the crystal holder.

just wondering if anything has ever been made. if so, cool. if not, i can post up caps, and if someone is interested in making one or two, maybe i can be of some help ;)

chris

I brokered prototypes of the cube and holder many years ago, but they never sold.

I actually like the film very much. In fact, the cast was first-rate.

Phil

the cast was great, but the movie ended up being kind of lame to me. crowe stole the show as SID though. i was (and still am) a big tech geek, and the movie was just... bad in that area.

it falls under one of those "saturday afternoon guilty pleasure" movies for me.

any chance you have pics of the cube and case protos? id love to see em. i plan on screencapping this film later this weekend and seeing if i can work something out for the cube. the case seems easy enough, just mainly detail work.

chris

Here are the photos:

[image]http://props.steinschneider.com/images/virtuosity_01.jpg[/image]

[image]http://props.steinschneider.com/images/virtuosity_cap_02.jpg[/image]​

Phil

phil, you are now, and will forever be, THE MAN

the personality matrix looks easy enough to make, seems to just be a cube with the sides faceted a little bit, or the corners just cut off. a little amber colored resin should replicate that easy enough.

that case is a lot different than i remember though :lol

i think i will just stick with the little matrix cube, and maybe a spinning turntable/pin mount to have it at least "do something" while its on display.

thanks man.
chris

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back