Viper MK II, anyone forsee Joyride coming out with this?

Joclad Danva

Joyride made the Viper MK I Model, anyone else here hoping they will make a MK II from the new BSG series? I don't have model building skills, so this is my only hope that I know of.

I found a completed resin kit on Ebay, but they don't take postal money orders and I don't have a credit card, so unless Joyride comes out with one, then I don't see me adding one to my collection anytime soon. :-\

-Joclad

Well, I suppose I could find a resin kit and have someone build it for me, but I wouldn't know where to begin. I just won a Joyride MK I Blue Squadron w/weathered detail. I will post pics of it when I get it. $15.50 shipped was a damn good deal, IMO.

-Joclad

Joyride no longer has a license for Galactica. Maybe Hasbro will do something beyond the Titanium line of toys they just started shipping.

<div class='quotetop'>(cobywan @ Jul 4 2006, 04:20 AM) [snapback]1273716[/snapback]</div>
Joyride no longer has a license for Galactica. Maybe Hasbro will do something beyond the Titanium line of toys they just started shipping.
[/b]

Really? :confused Wow man, I didn't know that. There's so much that I don't know apparently. Yeah, I've seen the Titanium line, and thought about getting them in the meantime. Surly someone will step up and make them. I'm surprised that noone really has yet other than the resin kits that I have seen so far.

-Joclad

None of the corporations had seen the value of the new Galactica property untill recently. So many of them have been burned with licensing over the last decade that they just don't bother doing toys from every single show or movie.

Hopefully some model kit manufacturer will step up and do some styrene kits.

Now that I think of it. Art Asylum has the license for the new show. They are going to be doing vehicles and maybe they will get to a MKII. But they seem to be very slow in design and production.

<div class='quotetop'>(Joclad Danva @ Jul 3 2006, 08:08 PM) [snapback]1273690[/snapback]</div>
Joyride made the Viper MK I Model, anyone else here hoping they will make a MK II from the new BSG series? I don't have model building skills, so this is my only hope that I know of.

I found a completed resin kit on Ebay, but they don't take postal money orders and I don't have a credit card, so unless Joyride comes out with one, then I don't see me adding one to my collection anytime soon. :-\

-Joclad
[/b]
If you're wanting aan accurate kit of the MKII,.. there are two out there that are very good.

Alfred Wong's 1/48 scale,.. I think... :confused

Frank Cerney's 1/24 scale (LOVE this one) :D

Then there are TOS Vipers...

Most accurate to the filming miniature is Jesse Meyer's 1/24 scale kit. Just plain AWESOME.. :D

Then there is MIM's (Monster's in Motion) re-tooled 1/24 scale kit with launch rails. Also very well done.

Somewhere along the line Jim Key did something in there I think... just can't be quoted on that one..lol.

The DeSanto Continuation (Series Never Done) Viper is about 7 to 8 months in the works by Michael Miles in 1/24 scale.

For the Toys,.. I just don't know. :confused

Jessie's is a cleaned up version of the Jim Key pattern.

The 1/72nd scale MKII Viper from Federation Models is a gem. I got a pair when the pattern maker was selling them.

<div class='quotetop'>(cobywan @ Jul 4 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]1274108[/snapback]</div>
Jessie's is a cleaned up version of the Jim Key pattern.

The 1/72nd scale MKII Viper from Federation Models is a gem. I got a pair when the pattern maker was selling them.
[/b]

Found it. Now, to find someone who can do a build-up for me... :p

-Joclad

Agreed,.. Sides is awesome,.. but time is always a question for most of the talented guys on this board.

Try contacting Hand Solo (Bob). He is going to start some build-ups for me soon and I know his quality is premium. He specializes in small and fine detail work,.. so 1/72 would be right up his alley.

Again,.. if time is available however. ;)

Well, I got my Joyride Blue Squadron Viper today. For $15.50 shipped, it can't be beat, IMO. Maybe I can contact Hand Solo and see if he would be willing to "modify" it by painting it to look more realistic...hmm.... :p

-Joclad

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back