VIDEO: Which ROTJ is this/really screen used?

Me too Tom, thank you for digging them out!

The expanding one, even if it was made for production, never came on screen, doesn’t match anything made for production and the green crystal was weird since at the time before post editing the blade was blue.

And crystals powering lightsabers wasn't a thing until the EU, if I recall. The only crystal anything connected to STAR WARS by RotJ would be the Kyber crystal from Splinter's of the Mind's Eye and that was just a McGuffin "force crystal" (an abandoned concept from early Star Wars drafts) from that book.

Me too Tom, thank you for digging them out!

The expanding one, even if it was made for production, never came on screen, doesn’t match anything made for production and the green crystal was weird since at the time before post editing the blade was blue.
Yep, we already know that it is a very nice fan-made lightsaber.

Last edited:
Here is the best pic that I found. Wasn’t there for STW stuff actually, but I couldn’t keep Norman Harrison from showing me the saber and his 3PO head. The saber had no pommel cubes, it looked a bit like the pommel of the wooden master of the Obi stunt.

Attachments

• IMG_4352.jpeg
    IMG_4352.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 116
I remember examinig two drawers full of lightsabers back then in Paul Harrisons „shop“ at Elstree Studios. The one with the sliding emitter and the collapsing/expanding elements was among them and explained to me as THE lightsaber made for the construction scene in the cave which was cut from the movie. Some time later Norman Harrison came in and brought the blank he produced for RotJ. I‘m going to dig out the pics I took of it and post them.
Those were proved to be fakes. The electronics in the control box post date 1983

The nipple on it is too small to be for the hero: grenade rings are all equal / idealized as well which seems to be a trademark of the Elstree post production pieces

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back