VIDEO: Which ROTJ is this/really screen used?

Thanks for the clearing up! My ignorance on this stuff knows no bounds!
You're not ignorant at all...if anyone is, I am. I guess dishonesty and deception is just accepted and there's no price to pay for it. The info keeps coming though and I'm not at liberty to say what may be added to it...as I'm linking my own intel with this latest info and completely out in left field...lol

Unfortunately jason is up to the same old tricks..

The guys on here debunked this a few years ago, they even figured out what replica it actually is

I forgot the maker.. Jason did get creative and put a shrunken lineage casting control box on it

The major smell of fish is, Jason is involved with the “kurtz collection”

Kurtz was never involved with ROTJ…

It’s a shame this stuff continues to be passed off as real, but thankfully the rpf veterans here decoded this forgery right away

Yeah...thank you RPF Veterans...I was completely mislead all the way I around. I didn't realize how long ago this happened, shame on me. I apologize for wasting anyone's and EVERYONE'S time on here because I'm a gullible idiot, naive at best. I've learned a valuable lesson here...Don't open your mouth unless you know what you're talking about, which I clearly don't. I am truly sorry I let my zeal get the best of me. I believed liars and I can 100% promise you it will never happen again.

I don’t know Jason, nor have I been closely following what he has offered for sale over the years. The only non-public info I know about him has come from third parties, but I know he has a LOT of real production stuff that would/could be the basis of a fantastic SW museum.

I have heard this ‘museum’ talk for over a decade, and at this point, I’m not really sure what his true motivation is with his collection. He could have a nice web-based museum pretty easily by now, so I don’t think this will ever happen. I honestly don’t think he wants anyone to know what he actually has in his collection, for whatever reason.

Best case scenario with this kind of stuff is he is mis-remembering details or providing incorrect info as he was told. Worst case scenario is that he is using his association with Kurtz and his ownership of legitimate screen used/production items to sell pieces that are not tied to the production.

Can anyone provide a synopsis of what he has sold/tried to sell, and what was ultimately wrong with it?

I the late 80s there was a company that sold resin casts from the original hero, mail order through Starlog. Most decent replicas before MR were based on these castings--actually the MR saber was based on one of these as well, since it's what SD worked off of. There have been a number of Luke sabers like this one that have shown up claiming to be originals. Some had black necks, some had paint schemes like this one. The general consensus has usually been that the control box was cast from a resin casting of the hero and the aluminum body is machined from an idealized plan of the hero based on one of these mail order resin copies. There's no reason to think anything about this saber us original. It matches nothing seen on screen. And the Kurtz provenance doesn't hold up for the reasons already covered in this thread. Why would the producer of ANH and ESB have a prop from Jedi?

I've learned a valuable lesson here...Don't open your mouth unless you know what you're talking about, which I clearly don't. I am truly sorry I let my zeal get the best of me. I believed liars and I can 100% promise you it will never happen again.
failure-the-greatest-teacher-failure-is.gif

You've done absolutely nothing wrong. I posted a question about (new to me) footage of someone with a connection to SW memorabilia claiming to have an original ROTJ saber. EVERYONE's input here is greatly appreciated, and we had a RESPECTFUL debate (without swearing and name-calling) about its provenance. Each party brought in their knowledge and opinion, until we could reach a definitive conclusion.

In the end, we all gained knowledge and everyone is the wiser. It's wonderful, and it's the way The RPF should work.

View attachment 1717672

You've done absolutely nothing wrong. I posted a question about (new to me) footage of someone with a connection to SW memorabilia claiming to have an original ROTJ saber. EVERYONE's input here is greatly appreciated, and we had a RESPECTFUL debate (without swearing and name-calling) about its provenance. Each party brought in their knowledge and opinion, until we could reach a definitive conclusion.

In the end, we all gained knowledge and everyone is the wiser. It's wonderful, and it's the way The RPF should work.
First of all, thank you. You're being gracious and I've beat myself up for my own stupidity all day about this. Don't know if this was intentional on your part but this is the first time I've laughed all day. Why? Because you had to go and quote the ST...lol. Out of all the quotes you could have used and you chose an ST quote?...lol. I'm just messing with you. In all seriousness, thank you for the encouragement and yes...It's nice when truth prevails and failure has taught me a lesson.

With that said, it's time for me to take a hiatus and go on some island and sulk for a bit. Hope they have caretakers there and something a little stiffer to drink other than milk a la sea cow ...lol. I'm leaving a map behind in case, you know, you want to find me...even though I don't really want to be found. I only ask one favor...bring me my green ROTJ lightsaber this time. I promise I won't throw it over my shoulder. LOL

With that said, it's time for me to take a hiatus and go on some island and sulk for a bit. Hope they have caretakers there and something a little stiffer to drink other than milk a la sea cow ...lol. I'm leaving a map behind in case, you know, you want to find me...even though I don't really want to be found. I only ask one favor...bring me my green ROTJ lightsaber this time. I promise I won't throw it over my shoulder. LOL would recommended something tropical and fruity, like a Mai Tai.

I would suggest something tropical and fruity, like a Mai Tai.

r and r vacation GIF by Proven Innocent

I the late 80s there was a company that sold resin casts from the original hero, mail order through Starlog. Most decent replicas before MR were based on these castings--actually the MR saber was based on one of these as well, since it's what SD worked off of. There have been a number of Luke sabers like this one that have shown up claiming to be originals. Some had black necks, some had paint schemes like this one. The general consensus has usually been that the control box was cast from a resin casting of the hero and the aluminum body is machined from an idealized plan of the hero based on one of these mail order resin copies. There's no reason to think anything about this saber us original. It matches nothing seen on screen. And the Kurtz provenance doesn't hold up for the reasons already covered in this thread. Why would the producer of ANH and ESB have a prop from Jedi?

I have the actual saber casting from Steve that MR used for their meetings with LFL licensing. So everything you have written is 100% correct. That said, Jason's collection did not only come from Kurtz, so it's not accurate to assume immediately that anything from ROTJ that he is offering is not legit. He may have acquired Jedi items from other sources. All of that said, I am by no means a saber expert so would need to leave any conclusions about this saber to those that know.

I am always concerned when someone is selling an item and there are misrepresentations for whatever reason. Sometimes the seller doesn't know and legitimately believes what they are saying. Other times, there are nefarious motiviations for what they are saying, for the love of money obviously. I was just trying to figure out if there is a pattern of the latter from Jason.

Last edited:
I‘m confused. Wasn’t the Yuma stunt/ISYHCANL saber produced at the Norank Engineering at Elstree studios? That‘s what Norman Harrison told me many years ago during a visit at Elstree studios. He also presented me a production made, unpainted and unused blank.

In 1995, I have held and photographed the ISYHCANL at the archives, plus the V3 and the RotJ Vader stunt. I don‘t remember seeing any other „hero“ metal sabers from the OT in the archives.

I‘m confused. Wasn’t the Yuma stunt/ISYHCANL saber produced at the Norank Engineering at Elstree studios? That‘s what Norman Harrison told me many years ago during a visit at Elstree studios. He also presented me a production made, unpainted and unused blank.

In 1995, I have held and photographed the ISYHCANL at the archives, plus the V3 and the RotJ Vader stunt. I don‘t remember seeing any other „hero“ metal sabers from the OT in the archives.

Interesting that I do seem to recall Norank's involvement here as well, although I can't be sure. Haven't Norank/Elstree Props claims been somewhat suspect as well over the years?

With regard to OT sabers still in the archives, very cool that you have been able to check those out.

You have my interest
I posted a thread a while ago asking if anyone on here knew more of the story, other than Norank being involved and nobody else knew. I completely forgot you have a gift from them

Thank you for the confirmation too, considering the machining marks on both the hero and the yuma it (for whatever reason) appears only one was used, maybe even made

I've only ever heard of Norank being involved in making the "heros" that were auctioned well after production wrapped. This one, and more specifically to my memory, the one with the sliding emitter and other collapsing/expanding elements.

I've only ever heard of Norank being involved in making the "heros" that were auctioned well after production wrapped. This one, and more specifically to my memory, the one with the sliding emitter and other collapsing/expanding elements.
I remember examinig two drawers full of lightsabers back then in Paul Harrisons „shop“ at Elstree Studios. The one with the sliding emitter and the collapsing/expanding elements was among them and explained to me as THE lightsaber made for the construction scene in the cave which was cut from the movie. Some time later Norman Harrison came in and brought the blank he produced for RotJ. I‘m going to dig out the pics I took of it and post them.

I remember examinig two drawers full of lightsabers back then in Paul Harrisons „shop“ at Elstree Studios. The one with the sliding emitter and the collapsing/expanding elements was among them and explained to me as THE lightsaber made for the construction scene in the cave which was cut from the movie. Some time later Norman Harrison came in and brought the blank he produced for RotJ. I‘m going to dig out the pics I took of it and post them.
love to see them!

Me too Tom, thank you for digging them out!

The expanding one, even if it was made for production, never came on screen, doesn’t match anything made for production and the green crystal was weird since at the time before post editing the blade was blue.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back