Interest Video Course on Creating Dye Sublimation Patterns from Scratch

TheNickFox

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've had the idea to create this course for a while now, but wanted to see if there is interest before I spend the time and money on production.

This wouldn't just be a "how to modify a Raimi pattern" tutorial, instead this course would show you a simple, step by step method for developing your own pelting (pattern layout) from scratch to hide the seams of whatever you're creating, using tools you already have and a simple piece you can buy for around $20.

Those of you who know me know that my original tutorial on creating patterns has been used countless times by many of the current "big name" pattern makers...but most of them are still using the same pelting, which means that the replica is never perfect since you'll always have seams where they shouldn't be. That's why I want to put out the next level in patterning tutorials to help take everyone to the next level. Because Batman patterns should not be made from a pattern for Spider-Man anymore!

I'd be looking at releasing it for between $25 and $35 and it would come with lifetime digital access as well as lifetime updates. So if I ever release an update in the future, or just come up with a better method for something, you get it!

So, if you're interested in learning the ins and outs of making the ultimate spandex, dye sublimation patterns...tell me you're interested below and let's help end the reign of the Raimi pattern.

INTEREST LIST:

1) Sunkistshark
2) thejakemoore
3) Hang800V
4) fun4spidey
5) Mr.Spider
6) Mystery
7) Vox
8) sp1derman
9) tjblazer85
10) ClayTheSpider15
11) Jjmoney42
12) Yeebeme
13) TaylorMcManus
14) HaggardSage
15) JimC3946
16) Domzke
17) coofunkcurly
18) drftfan
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)

-Nick

Last edited:
I think this would be amazing! I've been trying to teach my self and it's slow going ha...I'm interested

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'd gladly support you in this Nick!

I think this would be amazing! I've been trying to teach my self and it's slow going ha...I'm interested

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Awesome! Added you both to the list. I figure if we can get about 10 people on board it should cover a bootstrapped production budget enough to let me start.

So, if you want in, let me know. (And then if this goes well, I am open to making other courses since Learning and Development is what I do for a living!)

Whether you've made patterns before or if you are an absolute beginner, this is designed to give you the tools you need to go from concept to print.

-Nick

Bump for interest.

I JUST saw the advanced screening of Civil War so I'm definitely in a spandex suit sort of designing mood! haha

-Nick

Daily bump for interest.

...with the added info that anyone who is part of the first 10 people will get a discount on the price.

-Nick

I have no idea how to photoshop, very limited. But if I can learn AutoCAD I can learn this I'm sure lol. I'm in.
I'm going to be teaching it using the simplest tools and no "pro shortcuts." If you can click a mouse, you can learn how to do this. I want to make it as accessible as possible. There's enough Photoshop tutorials out there that expect you to basically have a graphic design degree to use them. I don't want that. I started designing Spidey patterns in my teens and am all self-taught so I want to show people a realistic way of picking up the skills fast.

AND the pro guys will still get a lot out of it, like learning how to make a new pelting pattern from scratch VERY quickly and how to make sure it fits. They'll just know some shortcuts to what I'll be showing in the Photoshop phase.

So consider yourself added to the list.

-Nick

Last edited:
im not sure if i'm missreading but would the tutorial show how to do muscle shading and repeating patterns (like brick print) or is it about building the base pattern?
interested either way

im not sure if i'm missreading but would the tutorial show how to do muscle shading and repeating patterns (like brick print) or is it about building the base pattern?
interested either way
It would be soup to nuts: From custom pelting, to the muscle shading, to bricks (or any other repeated shape), and overall design and color... including best practices for color selection. (so your blues don't turn black)

Sewing and finishing is the only thing that won't be covered here, but I might address that in a future course if the response to this one is good.

-Nick

PS: Added you to the list.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back