Vibro axe again. (See post #129 - #132)

Re: Vibro axe again.

However, the idea I had last night was fill in the inside with clay, or putty, or something, for the molding part. So, once cast it would be kind of a solid resin black, with the outside looking like the part, then just drill the 1" hole were it should be.
Actually it can be done in such a way that it'll fit right snug on a 1" diameter pipe right out of the mold. I don't know how to make molds and stuff but I've worked with people who can, and they do that all the time.

Here is my completed Axe:
ROTJ_VibroAxe_01.jpg
ROTJ_VibroAxe_02.jpg
ROTJ_VibroAxe_03.jpg
ROTJ_VibroAxe_04.jpg
ROTJ_VibroAxe_05.jpg

Thanks for lookin'! :)

Last edited:

Very nice Chris! :thumbsup

Now go start on the rest to go with it:

295192170_39289c91b1.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

(I'm actually considering making one of my two axe this height...look way cooler then the 5' length commonly made...)

Here is my completed Axe:

VA02.jpg

VA03.jpg

VA01.jpg

VA04.jpg

Thanks for lookin'! :)

Real fakes, that looks amazing. What did you use for your wire grips areas? And, what kind of paint did you use? Oh, and how did you attach the toy blaster part? I always love seeing another great Vibro Axe, no I just have to do mine.

Very nice Chris! :thumbsup

Now go start on the rest to go with it:

295192170_39289c91b1.png

:lol:lol:lol

(I'm actually considering making one of my two axe this height...look way cooler then the 5' length commonly made...)

You know that pic, and comment has me thinking. I was at an event a few months ago, and there was a gun that had a extra long vibro he made. Also, the side "leia's metal bikini" (link bellow for the..... um fun of it. :) ) has info on a guy that makes both the long, and the more accurate short Viro axes for people. My point in bring this up, is that there are other forums, and groups, and not evryone post here. So, someone like this guy that sells to the leia's might have some extra toy blaster parts for you. :)

http://www.leiasmetalbikini.com/members/whatsnew.html

And for good measure here's a quote from that part of their main page.

For those fiesty Slave Ladies who are looking to pick up a Vibro Axe, look no further. Skip of the MidSouth 501st Garrison makes both an "Unleashed" version of the axe, as well as a regular sized one used by Jabba's guards. Email him at [SIZE=-1]skipjenn@comcast.net[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] for more info!
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](this is in no way an endorsement, I don't kow the guy, or anything about him, or his work. just passing along info here.)[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

I hate to bring this up again, but I'm still looking for an accuarate size for the bolt/screw thing on the side of the supermax. Anyone, anyone at all. :)

Thanks for the tip above about the parts. I emailed Skip and he's trying to help me.

Wish I can help you with the big screw...I'm also looking for info on that...

How about the metal discs/cylinders (closest word I can use to describe) that you put into a hole in those cheap furniture flat packs. The other piece is a screw post with a ball on top that goes in to the other piece and the Phillips cylinder then locks the furniture together. (Does this make any sense?)
similar to this
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...n&rlz=1B2GGFB_enUS223US224&sa=N&start=40&um=1

The other option was a plug that blocks a wire hole on a large AC motor. I replaced my hot tub motor and these plugs would allow the wiring to be placed in different sides of the motor. I'll see if I can get some links to explain.
http://images.spadepot.com/images/pumps-05.jpg

I was never able to get anyone to post a proper size here, but I'm getting about 3/4" diameter from my measurements.

They ruled out the furniture thingy, in one, or two of the old threads. plus, I was unable to find any large enough anyway's. The hot tub thing is interesting though.

I made my own, out of supper sculpy. (the quarter in the pic, is for an idea of scale.)

vibroscrews.jpg

Mine are not 100% but I think they look pretty good. :)

I made a bunch of extras for anyone that wanted one, and your all welcome to them, but the sculpy isn't quite as sturdy as I would like so I am hopping to cast them in resin, some time this summer.

I still need to do my blade, side blades, and the thing on the side of the blade, on the rode.

Actually, I shouldn't say anything yet, but I have been giving serious thought to doing a run of parts when I'm done with my axe. I know this is a prop I wanted to do for years, and never thought I had the skills, or would be able to get the parts together, and now that all are falling into place (slowly) I thought I might pass that good fortune on. I of course wouldn't do the parts that other folks offer, like the soaker, just thinks like that blade, side blades, etc. It would be my fist run, but I figured after all these years, it's about time I give back. I'm not posting this to get anyone to excited yet though, it could be mid summer, or later, before, I would even post an interest thread. I'm just kind of thinking out loud. :)

Last edited:

Nice vibro axe real fakes:)
Picked up a Vibro axe off a fellow RPF'er and had a few questions that I couldn't find in my searches.

What's the correct color grey to paint the axe?
Also I picked up a vintage solo blaster but am unsure of the proper way to cut out the vent. Could someone post closer pics of that detail?
Does anyone know of someone who's making casts of the yamaha bolt?

jason1976 is that what you used on your axe? they look very good to me and if you still have some i would like 2 of them.
thanks

Well, sure guys your welcome to the extra bolt things, I have plenty, and can always make more. :)

Just a few thing you should know. They're just supper sculpy, so wall I think they would be fine for display, and maybe costuming, i wouldn't recommend knocking them around too much. And, they are just a hare over 3/4" in diameter, so that means there just a tiny bit over sized. (but if molded in silicon, for casting, the shrinkage would probably eat up the difference. ) Like I said before, I plane on eventually doing them in resin, or if any of you want to use on of these and do your own molding/casting, for your use, for trade, or for sale, feel free, I just made them for fun.

Oh, and I made them a little tale, so everyone can sand them down to the height you feel is correct.

Ok, so if you still want some, just PM me your mailing info, and how many you want, and I'll try to get them in the mail early next week. :)

Actually Sith_Lord_Hritz I just noticed your in Indiana, are you coming to the prop party, in just over a week? I'll be there, and I was going to bring them with me for anyone that wanted some. :)

Last edited:

I am not 100% sure if I can make it or not but I im going to try. This would be my first time going and was wondering how long does the event last? And besides meeting other prop fans and wishing I had all the cool stuff on display what else can a first timer expect?
But hold off on shipping them and I will let you know a few days before if I will be able to make it to the party.

I am not 100% sure if I can make it or not but I im going to try. This would be my first time going and was wondering how long does the event last? And besides meeting other prop fans and wishing I had all the cool stuff on display what else can a first timer expect?
But hold off on shipping them and I will let you know a few days before if I will be able to make it to the party.

Well, it's only the 3rd Indian prop party, so a lot of us are relatively new to it. It usually starts around 9:00 AM, or so, I believe, and goes until the evening. (not sure of the finish time, but it's usually when things start dying down, or they kick us out.) But, you don't have to stay for the whole time, if you don't like it, or if you need to go do something else. (though you are of course welcome to stay for the whole thing.)

there are a few very experienced folks that usually come, who have doen some work on things like block buster movies, and TV shows that have great stories to tell. Yo get tips and info you may have missed here, or just hasn't been posted. You get a chance to hold some of the props you've wanted, but just weren't sure if they were worth, buying, or making. There is going to be a contest this year, and they usually give out great stuff, to everone anyway's. you get the chance to buy some props, and this way you get to look them over first, and you don't have to pay for shipping. (because you just take them home with you.) Last year, my Girl friend mentioned that she was a big Doctor Who fan, and one member GAVE her a Tom Backer sonic screwdriver replica, for free. (I'm not saying to count on stuff like that, I'm just saying you don't know what will happen.) I mean, I don't want to over sell it, it is a bunch of nurd talking about what they love, but hey, that's way we hang out here. :)

Nice vibro axe real fakes:)
Picked up a Vibro axe off a fellow RPF'er and had a few questions that I couldn't find in my searches.

What's the correct color grey to paint the axe?
Also I picked up a vintage solo blaster but am unsure of the proper way to cut out the vent. Could someone post closer pics of that detail?
Does anyone know of someone who's making casts of the yamaha bolt?

Well lets see. Zorg used Natto Black paint by Tamiya . (I think that's how it's spelled.) for most of it, and some other colors for the blade, and highlights. (there was an old show off thread, where he gives the brake down, or you could just PM him.) Or, I think a Dark gray primer might work.

Um, as for the Solo blaster part, I've seen pics, of the original, and of replicas, and they all look a little different to me. I would look at as many pics as you can find before you start cutting up your blaster.

And yes, there are at least 2 members who do castings of that part here. I forget both of there names at the moment, but both are mentioned a few times in this thread, so if you look through the thread, or do a search in the thread for "Yamaha" You should be able to find at least one of them. (I know, it's a long thread, but there is a lot of good info here, if you read throught it.)

Last edited:

For my paint, I used Tamiya TS-38 Gunmetal for the majority, Tamiya TS-42 Light Gunmetal for the blade, and Tamiya TS-17 Gloss Aluminum for the blade edge.

I highly recommend these paints - they go on smooth and dry really fast. :)

For my paint, I used Tamiya TS-38 Gunmetal for the majority, Tamiya TS-42 Light Gunmetal for the blade, and Tamiya TS-17 Gloss Aluminum for the blade edge.

I highly recommend these paints - they go on smooth and dry really fast. :)

All great paints. I've used them each, in both little rattle can, and air brush forms, and they all did great. I will, say though, if you do air brush with Tamiya paint, get as fresh as you can get, and stire it well. It really does work great, but if it's way to old, in the jar, it can clump up, and it has tiny metal flakes in it, so it needs to be stirred well, or again, it will clump up, other then that, it goes on smooth, and easy.

I use there gold, and light gunmetal, in the little rattle cans, all the time, in fact when it comes to those colors, I wouldn't use anything else.

Wow, some amazing work and tutorials here! I'm going to embark on making my own axe (with a little help from my husband I'm sure... he's checked out on the lathe.... I'm not!).

I've got a lot to read through but definitely need to hunt down a Soft-Flo soaker :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back