Vial of memories HP

The Portugeek

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I recently received a Vial to be used for a "Vial of Memories" replica from HP.
Anyone here have any clue how I can create the look of the memories floating inside the vial??
Vial.jpg

It's easy to find a special kind of bouncing balls with a liquid that moves just like the memories in the film! I'll try to find some video to show you. BTW, that's a really cool looking vial! Is there any chance I can buy one as well?

Edit: Well, it's not a video, but I think it will do. Those stripes and waves does move floating inside the ball. When I saw them on a local shop it was the first thing that came to my mind. I hope it's useful!

72e29ded6bcdc12007189a714e99cfc3.jpg

Last edited:
I got this one as a gift. Not sure if there are any for sale.
Not sure where I would get one of those balls.
I'll do a test with dental floss! I hope memories taste like mint ;P

That's a pretty cool idea. Not sure I would want the heat of a light on it all the time lol.
I'm testing beechys dental floss idea.
Anyone know where I can get the label?

yeah the floss would be good.
for the video i just meant using the soap and the type... the heat thing was not part of my recommendation but may look cool as well

Right away before reading all the posts I thought of combining two liquid soaps or shampoo for this. I've created the same effect accidentally a few times when I've added clear soap to refill containers having a bit of pearlescent soap left in the bottom.

So I know its not movie accurate but my wife was about to throw away this small lantern she had when I had an idea! It's kinda small but will do as a temporary display case for the vial.

Vial.jpg
vial2.jpg

attachment.php

I used a heavy dental floss that I shredded a little bit and suspended it in a light amber colored bath gel. The label was made using parchment paper (the kind used for baking) and punched with a Fiskar paper punch I believe I got from Joann's. I taped this to an 8-1/2x11 sheet and ran it through a printer to add the writing.

ATL

Attachments

• Memory vial SS 5-98 (1).bmp
    743.4 KB · Views: 293
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back