Vampire hunting kit (pic heavy) and on a budget

carnnage

So having three kids my wife and I have had to cut back on the money we spend on each other. We are given a strict limit of a hundred bucks each year for each other to allow more for the kiddos. She is a huge fan of Buffy the vampire slayer fan. So I figured I would combine all the supernatural movies and tv shows we watch and create something cool. I used ideas from all over when I made this three years ago. Total build time was about two weeks but I worked on it off and on after work.
View attachment 57360
View attachment 57361

View attachment 57339
View attachment 57363
I purchased two chests from a craft store that were 50% off. I was going to build my own but the biggest one was 25$ and the little one was 5$. I found the scrap to do the wood at my father-in-laws shop. It was all discarded wood pieces.

View attachment 57362
View attachment 57378
View attachment 57379
View attachment 57380
The hardest part of the entire build was the hanging system in the lid. Everything had to stay there with the lid shut and had to weigh enough to keep the lid open (I did reinforce the lids hinges and folding brace with glue). The stakes and mallet were made from chair parts and bed post. The big one I named Mr Pointy 2.0. I just sanded them down and stained some. The mirror rolls out of the way after everything is out. I had some left over glass etching goo I used. The gun was found at the dollar store and I hot glued a rosary on it. I found three rosaries for a dollar at a thrift shop. Don’t remember where I found the giant nail.

View attachment 57405
View attachment 57391
I made a tray that can be lifted out. Notice the worm groves on it, it had been sitting on the ground but I thought it made a neat touch. The bottles were from the same craft shop and were one buck a piece. I filled one with black and grey sand with the Chinese symbol for fire on it (that is supposed to be gun powder). One was filled with red colored syrup, one I filled with distilled water (I hot glued the cork on) and the other has garlic cloves in it. I also found some wood pellets I drew crosses on and some silver ball bearings for those pesky werewolves I put in a plastic box I found.

View attachment 57404
View attachment 57401
View attachment 57402
View attachment 57404
The books were all used books from amazon, most were only one dollar and when I ordered them all together shipping was just 3.99. I found the mortar and pedstal at an antique store that I convinced to sell to me for two dollars. I tied a punch of knots in some string as homage to the old stories or vampires having to untie knots. In the second box I cut triangles and covered with some scrap red cloth. I used spray glue to hold it down. Inside the bottles I put rock salt, feathers, fake rose pedals and some fake moss. The bottles were a set of four for 3 bucks it was the same sale I found the other bottles at.

That’s about it. It wasn’t building so much as collecting stuff and putting it together so it looks nice.

View attachment 57339

View attachment 57360

View attachment 57361

View attachment 57362

View attachment 57363

View attachment 57364

View attachment 57375

View attachment 57376

View attachment 57377

View attachment 57378

View attachment 57379

View attachment 57380

View attachment 57391

View attachment 57392

View attachment 57393

View attachment 57396

View attachment 57397

View attachment 57398

View attachment 57399

View attachment 57400

View attachment 57401

View attachment 57402

View attachment 57403

View attachment 57404

View attachment 57405

View attachment 57406

View attachment 57407

View attachment 57408

View attachment 57409

View attachment 57410

View attachment 57411

View attachment 57412

very nice job on this looks great, the only thing that looks off is the plastic look of the gun.

this post might help.
http://www.therpf.com/f9/help-making-toy-gun-look-realistic-116935/

also theres one about painting plastic to make it look like wood. but i cant find it. maybe someone else can point you in that direction

I never liked the pistol but I was on a budget. I will take a look at the link and see what I can come up with. I know where some brass parts are that I might be able to shape and glue. I will take some sand paper to the gun to rough it up a bit. I just cant spend anymore money on it, wife would stake me thru the heart.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back