Vader TIE

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This one is going to be a walk in the park, with the engineering that went into this model ahead of time. Truly impressive pattern, armature, and castings.

13507244_10154324566598156_4218650351909168086_n.jpg

"There's Great genius behind all this" - Jules Verne

What is the resin used on these SS kits? Mike seems to use the same for his kits too!

Generally Steve and Mike both like to use Smooth-On Products.
At the moment, I forget which formula # number but its is great stuff; worth the extra cost.
Good qualities, -It machines and mills nicely, if cast correctly there is no warping and very little shrinkage
Smooth-On is consistent and reliable in it's quaility.

[ no, I did not get any reimbursement from Smooth-on for this post]

It's the Smooth-Cast series 305 and 310 with one or two drops of the Urethane Black dye (also from Smooth-on) to get that nice grey color. ( makes the "finishing" work go a little easier than the stark white)
Of course Mike uses a Pressure pot which does make for better results
Great stuff -with a shore hardness of 70D

Hope this wasn't too off topic ..but that is what the X_1 TIE Kit is cast in

Last edited:
Thanks greeble-
I also alyways use SmoothOn .. mostly because they're the only resin available around here .. but yeah, I would have loved to know more specifically which one of their line it was.

Dang! Someone needs to pubish a code book... ; ^P

The kit looks very nice. Does it come with decals? (You know how I like decals...)

R/ Robert

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back