Vader Stunt ROTJ saber in DICE BATTLEFRONT TEASER

jakku.png

Sorry for the crap quality ... but there are some scratches on the top of the 3cell that are on the same place as seen here :

So .. it's the real DV stunt prop from ROTJ ... as for the V2 ... it's a composite photo ... so I'm not quite certain of the origin :wacko

Chaim

Last edited:
Oh, okay so it's an older, but genuine, pic of a Vader photoshopped with a mystery Luke saber? Man, I'd love the story on that V2. No GRAFLEX word but has lines in the clamp...hmmm.

Yes! Saw this last night and was going to post. My fave saber finally found an official home. Game Saber.

If it is an MR they must've done additional weathering. The MR doesn't look that grungy. It's got the chipped paint of course but it's not all grungy and corroded looking. It looks very clean, esp on the clamp.

Apparently DICE scanned as much as possible from the actual props. I don't think these are MR sabers, they are just the 3D renders of the scanned prop.

Locals in the 501st Legion had offered to help with advice on weapons and armour, but they turned us down saying that they had "all the references they needed".
They discarded the fact that prop-obsessed fans have knowledge about the real props, not just replicas of them.

Last edited:
This is flipping sweet. Is that a boot lever? Who was that dude who found those?

Its not an MR or the real thing - there's no brass/copper showing through on the neck.

Apparently DICE scanned as much as possible from the actual props. I don't think these are MR sabers, they are just the 3D renders of the scanned prop.

Yes, these are just very well done 3d models referenced from the originals. The trailer shows CG Vader holding the same high detail model (as Chaim posted above), and the end of the trailer also shows a Solo blaster model: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8

This is flipping sweet. Is that a boot lever? Who was that dude who found those?

Its not an MR or the real thing - there's no brass/copper showing through on the neck.

I think it's a prototype of what eventually became the final MR V2. The clamp and, especially, the clamp lever are too similar looking to the MR's for me to think otherwise. Also, considering the real deal holy-field just surfaced, there's no way it's the original either.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back