Vader Reveal 3piece - the best available...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Emeldahay, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Emeldahay

Emeldahay Well-Known Member

Hi all

Been waiting for ages to register. Now I can hopefully source all the uneccessary items and information I dont need for my life and empty my wallet at the same time.

I`m from the UK. Into ST buckets and cinemaquettes and old corgi and dinky toys (read EAGLES). B)

My first post here is to find out who does the best vader reveal money can buy?

Ive got a Sebastien Shaw sculpt coming and I`ve just purchased an * of a poorly made reveal from ebay. Heres a link to the closed auction. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Looks good in pics I think but this was dissapointing in the flesh not to mention the guy auctions multiple helmet auctions with the same photos. It looks poorly made up close. Plus bits kept falling off. I got a refund which is something at least but not after import taxes and the cost of return shipping. Now halloweens over ebays gone quiet. :cry

If I cant get a full 3 pc then I`m interested in just the mouth and back of neck; I just need this for what will be my fullsize display of Seb Shaw as seen in ROTJ. I can get a full helmet later.

So whos reliable and does a vader breathing mouth reveal that a picky fan would live with? :love

Cheers all.

2. fettster

fettster Sr Member

hi pal,

I cant help you with your quest but i just wanted to say hello as i just regisered and am from the uk too.

good luck.

3. Emeldahay

Hi Fettster

Im from Glasgow...where abouts you based?

Fingers crossed on the Vader - My sculpts going to look * stoopid without the full gear.

4. fettster

fettster Sr Member

im from birmingham, west midlands

I got a real nice vader helmet a while back and bought a kit to convert it into a reveal but i just couldnt bring myself to cut it.

good luck

5. Darth Domain

Darth Domain Well-Known Member

hi mate. i live up in Lancashire moved from Woverhampton three years ago, welcome on board

6. fettster

fettster Sr Member

hi pal,

cheers for the welcome, glad to be here.

7. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

Hey PM me and i will see if what i know can help, i don't want to say or post anything i shouldn't my frist day on here :)

8. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

I am doing a 4 piece reveled helmet myself i am working with cheap rubies helmets till i master my craft. befor i move on to fiberglass, when i am done you wont be able to tell it is not fiberglass, but PM me and i will give you some info that might be helpfull to you i hope

9. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

i sent you 2 e-mails just in case you miss one

10. Emeldahay

11. darth_manu

darth_manu Well-Known Member

hey what are the 4 pieces?
    i thought the max was 3
    :confused

12. Emeldahay

If you include the neck brace `spose technically its four :cool

13. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

Dome, top face plate, lower face plate, neck brace. :D it should look great when i am done i am hoping.

14. Emeldahay

The crappy one I bought from ebay was a 16 piece helmet.... If you count all the bits that fell off. :booty

15. darth_manu

darth_manu Well-Known Member

lol take some pictures?
    willing to sell it?

16. bothanspy

bothanspy Sr Member

Willing to part it out? I need some parts to completemy reaveal helmet. :D

17. Emeldahay

I sent it back - got a refund but not after taking a hit on customs and shipping back.

Have a look at the auction - it looks good from those pics but in the flesh it wasnt half as nice - it was also CHipped badly near a tusk on the upper face section - it was clearly chipped before it was shipped as the large 1 cm chunk was not in the packaging.

I`d say just avoid that seller... B)

18. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the reveal you bought. Wish you better luck with your next purchase. :)

19. Emeldahay

500 odd purcheses from ebay and I think Ive been lucky in only being conned properly once for a expensive baby toy.

I think I`m on the whole reasonably lucky with ebay...so far...touch wood.

20. Vycanthus

Vycanthus Member

I just thought I'd dust off these posts to see if anyone knows where to find reveal parts for Vader's helmet now a days. Geez, with the luck I've had, you'd think I was looking for a unicorn!
    Anyone? Feel free to message me here or at my regular email please - zsparsons@gmail.com

Thanks so much!