Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications

Here is a recent V2 build I finished for a client. I'm really digging the red LEDs. Such a great lesser-known OT hilt!

- MPP vintage flashgun
- WannaWanga V1 black emitter shroud with screen-accurate weathering
- Roman Props replica large D-ring
- Straight knurled vintage thumb screw
- Naturally weathered vintage clamp & trapezoidal black bars
- Vintage Exactra 20 blue PCB & red LEDs
- Todd’s Costumes weathered T-track grips
- Vintage end cap

View attachment 1043928

View attachment 1043927

View attachment 1043929

I freak’n love this!!! What a wicked job man!! This is the MPP version I want to do

What model calculator did your score the red LEDs out of?

Outstanding job!!

I freak’n love this!!! What a wicked job man!! This is the MPP version I want to do

What model calculator did your score the red LEDs out of?

Outstanding job!!
Thanks, Halliwax, my client found the PCB and red LEDs out of an Exactra 20 calculator. It's a fairly simple build to do, and I think it makes it a little more special since it's a more obscure OT prop.
I agree, really fine work!

Love the red LED strip, and like everyone else, I want one, as well!!

Great photos, too!
Thanks, Dann!
Something new to hunt! Yes!
What an exquisite build! & glorious photos too! :love: (y)

I know this has been asked before.... but what tape is that used for the grips?
You mean what method did I use to adhere the grips to the flashgun? I chose E6000.

I wonder though, if you look at the photo comparing my hilt build to the original, if the PCB itself may be the more rare tan color rather than the blue/turquoise. My thinking is, if it were indeed the blue, it would be a whole lot darker around the LEDs and much harder to discern their shape from the PCB itself.

Thanks, Halliwax, my client found the PCB and red LEDs out of an Exactra 20 calculator. It's a fairly simple build to do, and I think it makes it a little more special since it's a more obscure OT prop.

Thanks, Dann!

You mean what method did I use to adhere the grips to the flashgun? I chose E6000.

You so lucky you found the red LEDs! I never see them come up in the junkyard

Are the t track cut to standard like ANH length?

Are all the PCB's and red LED's out of the TI Exactra 20 calculator alike?
cdyoung, for OT lightsaber props there are at least three different styles of PCB that come from Exactra 19 and 20 calculators: green PCB with gold traces (very common), blue PCB with gold traces for an ESB MPP build (very rare), blue/turquoise PCB with red LEDs for a V2 MPP build (very rare) and tan PCB with red LEDs (for a V2 MPP build and what I suspect is the screen accurate version also extremely rare).

This is a vintage MPP ESB filming build I finished for the same client featuring the accurate blue PCB with gold traces:

IMG_0017 without name plate.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

This is the very common green PCB with gold traces:

IMG_0011.jpg

Blue and green Exactra PCB comparison (photo credit unknown):

ESB MPP - PCB Exactra Cards.jpg

Bluish PCB with red LEDs and bubbles on top (photo credit unknown):

ESB MPP - PCB Exactra Cards (2).jpg

Tan PCB with red LEDs (what I think was used on the original screen-used V2 prop) [photo credit Dustin Walruff]:

Tan PCB with red LEDs.jpg

Last edited:
I´m sooo waiting for him doing them.

Tan for the otherwise ready saber, as i agree it looks as the accurate one - and maybe also interested in blue, as they are in my opinion the best looking for custom.

cdyoung, for OT lightsaber props there are at least three different styles of PCB that come from Exactra 19 and 20 calculators: green PCB with gold traces (very common), blue PCB with gold traces for an ESB MPP build (very rare), blue/turquoise PCB with red LEDs for a V2 MPP build (very rare) and tan PCB with red LEDs (for a V2 MPP build and what I suspect is the screen accurate version also extremely rare).

This is a vintage MPP ESB filming build I finished for the same client featuring the accurate blue PCB with gold traces:

View attachment 1044734

View attachment 1044737

This is the very common green PCB with gold graces:

View attachment 1044739

Blue and green Exactra PCB comparison (photo credit unknown):

View attachment 1044742

Bluish PCB with red LEDs and bubbles on top (photo credit unknown):

View attachment 1044746

Tan PCB with red LEDs (what I think was used on the original screen-used V2 prop) [photo credit Dustin Walruff]:

View attachment 1044740

Wicked pictures! Thank you for sharing all this info

Sure hope sloth does make a replica board one day. I always wanted this version of the MPP

Can anyone confirm that a serial number of 1257 isn't found on a genuine mpp, or am I incorrect in my recollection?

Wow nice v2 builds. I honestly did not know it had a different card inserted into it. I couldn't tell from the BW photos so I thought it was the bubble strip. Seeing the LED strip it does match closer to the pic. I learn something new everyday!

There are different serial numbers on the MPPs, but not every flash had a serial number.

I think the one you are talking about is 1257 and it is real.

I'm not sure what I was dragging out from the recess of my memory which was wrong lol. Thank you for the clarification.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back