Vader ANH Chest Box 3D model

PattyChuck

Hey everyone-

For the past few years, I've been slowly putting together a Vader costume. The chest box has always been the 600 pound gorilla in the room, but I'm very close to having that complete, as well. I've found a source for the rods and the red/green lights, but was unable to find a satisfactory solution for the box itself, the switches, and the coin slots, so I decided I would make those myself. About a month ago, the company I worked for acquired a 3D printer on demo, and our engineering department said they wanted to keep the printer running as much as they could to test the longevity of the machine. Everyone was able to submit a few 3D models to print, and so I'm going to submit the missing pieces from the chest box. I've got everything modeled, but I'm left with one quandary... I know the two middle switches on the box are offset, but are they higher or lower than the outer switches? I have them modeled to be higher, but if this is incorrect, someone please let me know!

Below are two screen grabs of the 3D model. I'll post more pictures after the pieces come out of the printer.

zleEH.jpg

EInG1.jpg

Very excited to see the end result. My school is getting a 3d printer next year. Since my funds are being used to purchase it, I'll have access in the library. I'm currently teaching myself AutoCAD. :)

Here's an update on my Vader chest box... I (finally) got everything I needed. The box, switches, and coin slots have all been 3D printed. The rods are aluminum, and the square lights are plastic. I hope to get this thing sanded and painted in the next few weeks. I'm pretty happy so far with the way it turned out!
Z1fNj.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back