USS ENTERPRISE 11 FOOT 3D PRINTED MODEL

I think one of the things kicked around would be for the nacelles longitudinal grids that faced each other -and the aft nacelle caps—to have a continuation of the production front nacelle domes pattern.

That might be nice.

OK the Primary Hull is on. This is a non-trivial piece of engineering, to get the union between the saucer and the neck right and provide enough support...I fabricated an entirely bespoke steel bracket to achieve this and then added welded and tapped studs to allow removal for transport. The bolts will be cut flush and will be covered by the top spine piece and held on with magnets.

5l37VOZl.jpg
TiguIaxl.jpg

Also got all the cables in for the lighting in the saucer
pHzw8Lhl.jpg

QRMLWVPl.jpg

and added the Deflector dish and rings which will be removable for access

EkQQFPzl.jpg

and started messing about with the Bussard collector...got the lights spinning but too bright and not the right flashing sequence yet

ShwdDqpl.jpg

One problem I had with some of the greeblefication of Miranda models in Deep Space Nine was that the miscellaneous parts were large in relation to the size of the model.

Here, greebles might be a bit less jarring with an otherwise clean look largely remaining.

Had I the time or money, I might want a form of this made in such a way that 3D print artifacts and more angular parts might allow more greebles for something with more details…

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back