Urethane Cowl Help

Lang7

Hi guys, first timer here looking for some advice from more experienced folks than myself.

I recently purchased a Kilmer Panther cowl off of eBay and it finally arrived today. While it looks fantastic, I'm having a little trouble squeezing my head through the neck! It's made of urethane, and while it feels quite flexible, I don't want to force it on and risk damaging it because I've spent a lot of time and money on this little baby!
Are there any more experienced users out there that have worked with urethane before that could give me some help for fitting into a brand new cowl?

Any and all tips are appreciated! :)

Sprinkle baby powder on the inside where your ears touch, it will slide on. You have to reapply each time.

There are a few ways to get a cowl on right. But if it's a Kilmer cowl and it is an RD (cast off screen used) you want to be sure your head will actually fit it. The Kilmer Panther is a small cowl as it was cast off a foam RD cowl so max size head it will fit is 22.5" after that you wont get it on and you will most likely rip it trying. I have a RD Panther, 22" head and it is tight to get on but fits like it was cast on my lifecast once on. I Just wet my hair and the cowl and it will go on fine.

There are a few ways to get a cowl on right. But if it's a Kilmer cowl and it is an RD (cast off screen used) you want to be sure your head will actually fit it. The Kilmer Panther is a small cowl as it was cast off a foam RD cowl so max size head it will fit is 22.5" after that you wont get it on and you will most likely rip it trying. I have a RD Panther, 22" head and it is tight to get on but fits like it was cast on my lifecast once on. I Just wet my hair and the cowl and it will go on fine.

I honestly don't know if it is an "RD", as you mentioned. Are there any signs that it would be? The eBay seller's name is "Iconic Collectables"; seems to only sell Batman merch.
The page quoted easily "fitting up to a 23.5, and possibly a 24 inch head."

How hard was it for you to get into your cowl first time? Did you need to use anything to help you get it on (talcum powder, etc.)?

I honestly don't know if it is an "RD", as you mentioned. Are there any signs that it would be? The eBay seller's name is "Iconic Collectables"; seems to only sell Batman merch.
The page quoted easily "fitting up to a 23.5, and possibly a 24 inch head."

How hard was it for you to get into your cowl first time? Did you need to use anything to help you get it on (talcum powder, etc.)?

Oh yeah that is Jamie he does fan made cowls his Panther is a BobD sculpt it's ok but not RD. It should fit around a 23.5" head so if you have a head smaller than that you should be fine. Just use talc or wet your hair and inch it on, it's the taking off that sucks. ;)

Wetting your hair helps. Also, depending on the size of your head vs the cowl opening...I have found that putting on a thin balaclava type head peice on first to hold your hair down makes it slide easier. Hope that helps some!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back