Upgraded "Disguise" Captain America & Stock Thor "Elite" Pics

Here are some better pics from Halloween night, since the ones above didnt turn out as good as I had wanted.

I tweaked Captain just a little bit more by placing red vinyl into the ear openings so they are solid and cover the ear completely, and so now the cowl is also red/white/blue. Plus a zipper has been Gorilla Glued in back of the cowl to make it cleaner.

Last edited:
Re: Official Captain America "Elite" Pics

My friend's thoughts who bought the Thor Elite. He is 6'1", 190 pounds, and did purchase the official Thor wig and hammer as seen:

Work to be done:
1. elastic band that goes around the back and secures the lower part of the chestpiece needs tightened or otherwise taken in.
2. Gauntlets needs better means of securing around the forearm. Likely will replace with adjustable straps.
3. Boot covers need additional straps toward the top that will secure it to the shin.

Luckily that's pretty much it for now. Still debating removing the silver sleeve. The cape's true color isn't well represented in these pictures.

Build quality is a 6/10 at best, but appearance is an 8/10 for what I paid ($180). It's a costume for someone handy with custom fabrication, or an amateur who doesn't mind any shortcomings. The pieces are detailed well, but they have a lot of potential to be integrated better into the whole costume. Luckily, I'm looking forward to it. Would recommend, though only to the DIY inclined. Think it's about $50 overpriced. $150 for everything would make this a great deal.
Thanks for posting this! I was debating on purchasing the Thor costume but I wasn't sure. After seeing these pics, I think I will get one and do some of the modifications mentioned and see how I can make it even better!

Re: Official Captain America "Elite" Pics

Thanks for posting this! I was debating on purchasing the Thor costume but I wasn't sure. After seeing these pics, I think I will get one and do some of the modifications mentioned and see how I can make it even better!

The chest piece is quite....floppy as well. I saw it for the first time right before Halloween and it could could sure use some kind of backing.

where did you find the suit? I've been looking everywhere, and thats at least the best body suit i've seen. I also have the same mask, lol. I've had it for years, but wasn't quite happy with it. you did awesome on the mods for it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back