UPDATE: My first FOUR props this year :)

OdiWan72

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Update 02/10/06 see last post...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi

Just wanted to show my upgraded Macros.

It´s based on a real Eumig and featured a set of Gary´s great resin lenses, resin viewer box and a grey Kalimar reflex viewfinder in the past, along with a Kalimar wheel and no electronics...

Now I finally found the time to upgrade it with some real parts I bought from JF :)
It now features:

- Real Eumig
- Real correct viewer
- Real Kalimar lenses (still missing the small silver knobs)
- Russ´ metal lenseplate with real lense-rings
- Viewer box is a converted REAL upper Kalimar housing I clad with styrene.
- The blackbox is housing the switches for the led´s and the lightsheets

It also features lit lenses and a backlit one of Jasons great laminated grafics (thanks again bro).

m0.JPG

m1_1.JPG

m2.JPG

m3.JPG

m4.JPG

m5.JPG

m6.JPG

box1.JPG

box2_2.JPG

Thanks for looking, Markus :)

THANKS WC for pic hosting.....

See last post for news...

VERY good indeed - I love the custom touches, and especially the fact you've used the 660's body cut down.

Howard.

The big knob is from a Seagull camera.

I saw it some time ago on another Macro and thought it to be much better than the regular Kalimar knob.

Sorry, no tutorial for the electronics, but it´s pretty simple...

The flashing LED´s (not turned on in the pics) are the same, pre-assembled kit that was used on trekprops scanner (he posted a pic of it). I just lengthened the wire a bit.

The lights for the lenses and viewer are two strips of lightsheet.
I used a smallee blue one for the lenses and a white for backlighting the grafic.
Usually BOTH have to be connected to an inverter but I hooked two on just one. Each sheet is just a tad darker now, but it works for me. Both lightsheets are powered by 4 x 1,5V AAA batteries.

The electronics and batteries are "hidden" in the Eumigs battery-compartment.

Markus :)

That looks sweet Markus. Cladding the origianl camera body with Styrene was ingenius. You get the best of both in that case.

Love the lightsheet as well...

-Gary

Jason:
You inspired me to add some flashing LED´s to mine :)
Too bad that the fumes from the superglue (which I used to reattach the black lightmeter, where 4 red LED´s are located) made the small glass window foggy :angry

I also added aurabesh letter to the small wheel...guess who inspired me to this ;)

Gary:
Actually it was you who drove me to rebuild the viewer box :lol
I didn´t want to use my old one, that´s why I waited for your new box...but it had some problems with the resin not curing and so I was kinda "forced" to search for an alternative.
The new "real" box is a few mm´s bigger than the resin one and the "window" is centered instead of off-centered.

Thanks again for offering the AWESOME resin parts...
Without them, I wouldn´t have been motivated to start my macros and redo them now :D

Gigatron...make sure to post pics of your buildup, when you´re done.

Markus

Very nicely done. The lightsheet is a nice touch. The viewscreen graphic looks a tad tall though IIRC.

I love taking my macros outside and looking around with them. Nothing better than a functional prop. :D Gutting that eumig is quite the chore.

Are they?

I have to admit that I didn´t pay attention to the size of the grafics. :$
Or do you talk about the "viewable" part of the grafic (not black/ frame)?
In this case...I still have all other grafics Jason sent me and can easily change them if I want :)

Thanks for the kind work guys.

BTW: I also did some work on my ESB EE-3 and I´m in the final stages of my Bespin security guad blaster :D

Markus

Stay tuned ladies and gents...I´m about to add another prop shortly :D

Teaser...it´s a blaster from ESB

Markus

cool macros. like the lightsheet idea... im sure youve seen hyperdynes "working" macros (unreal)... but i would still love one like yours... great stuff.

and anyone who doesnt know what the blaster is should be banned from the RPF. :p JK ;)

Originally posted by ManfromNaboo@Jan 10 2006, 02:58 PM
I know what it is , but won´t tell :p

;)

Michael
[snapback]1155429[/snapback]​

al... your out. :p

man i sure am anxious for more pics of that star trek phaser... LOL... :p :p :p

Originally posted by ob1al@Jan 10 2006, 04:56 PM
Great idea on the lightsheet.

Cool prop.. :thumbsup

BTW - What blaster is tha... ;)

Al
[snapback]1155537[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back