UPDATE* BOUGHT IT -So I've been offered an old movie theatre built in the late 30s

Re: So I've been offered an old movie theatre built in the late 30s

Great news! Good luck, fingers crossed for you!

Mean! Just plain Mean! Like Burt used to be to Dom in all of those movies together.

I do love the way you start out almost criticizing but by the end of of your message you too decide to join in on the fun of torturing me.

Jupiter 2?

Wow! I just found this thread. What a roller coaster!
You must get this!

I think it all sounds too awesome. What might also be a great addition to it is having a Jupiter II hanging over the concession bar!
I have always wanted to find someplace unique to live, like an old church or Fire Station or something quirky. Old theater? Perfect!
Add a few swamp coolers and maybe a small A/C unit in your office behind the big screen and have a blast!
After the JII, you might also consider a full-size Robot from Lost in Space! What a great place to display props.
Please let us (okay, me) know when the Girls Gone Wild marathon starts. :D

So awesome.

I can undertsand you not wanting to share the name of the theater but you gotta give us something! Some pics of the office, maybe?

For anyone still interested I received a phone call today from the owner asking me if I still wanted to buy the place. Seems the previous party planned on buying the theatre and the building across the street to convert them into a Church and (the theatre) would be it's parking lot (because if there's one thing Texas does not have enough of it's Churches). THEN the found out about the strip club down the street and for some reason lost interest real quick. I had no idea there was a strip club, but this new information had the exact opposite effect on me as it did them. I won't be able to to go by there for a week because I'm booked up with meetings in LA - but when I fly back the Texas next weekend (if the owner is in town) I'll click off the pics while my inspector guys do their work.

Nice, and if it doesn't work out, you can always use the money down the street :love

I'm nowhere near the old place - so for those demanding pics, please feel free to wait.

I can wait man, though I really wanna know the name of the place too.

I'm nowhere near the old place - so for those demanding pics, please feel free to wait.

DENIED!!!

827085_o.gif

So this isn't the boobies thread...Man I should have made a right and not a left

I do believe in spooks, I do believe in spooks, I do, I do, I do, I do believe in spooks.

DENIED!!!

827085_o.gif

I LOVE that episode - Ultraman B mask and costume(my favorite) and he's blasting DaDa from the sky. Here's a trinket of info about the creature called DaDa Echi Tsukanawa the writer of this episode spent 2 months in Africa where they toured a sanctuary littered with statues of old gods worshiped by tribesmen - There was one positioned just outside Tsukanawa's cottage and the face was almost looking in at him. One of the elders explained that that particular "God" was said to have come from Space - he took three humans back with him then returned 200 years later with them - those humans hadn't aged a day since they left. One of the females gave birth to 12 children and those twelve were the ones that supposedly started the human race colonizing the rest of the planet. Now, here's the catch, seeing how the God had influence over these children and their abilities it also meant the people of the Earth were the property of the God's people and they can do whatever they want to us at any time. In the episode Ultraman defeats DaDa (Daddy) and breaks the tie with that race of Aliens and their thinking they can come to Earth and kidnap it's inhabitants.

And now you know the rest of the story

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back