Unique Source for Captain America TWS Helmet Pics - Need Help Ripping iOS Model

TheNickFox

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm not sure if anyone else has downloaded the iOS app that Marvel has released in anticipation of TWS soldier coming out, but if you want images of the helmet from nearly ANY angle you want, get it!

Here's the link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id810803153?mt=8

It's an augmented reality app, which means when you point it at a specific poster and it allows you to have a 3D Cap appear to burst out of the frame....or you can do what I did and put the proper poster on my computer and take a bunch of shots of it from different angles. Like so...

photo 6.PNGphoto 8.PNGphoto 7.PNGphoto 5.PNGphoto 4.PNGphoto 3.PNGphoto 2.PNGphoto 1.PNG

I'd be really interested to see if someone more enterprising than I could actually rip the 3D model out of this so that we have a full 3D reference for it.

...It actually seems decently dense polygon-wise so who knows what we might be able to do with it.

-Nick

Last edited:
Re: Interesting Source for Captain America TWS Helmet Pictures

Awesome shots, thank you. My tablet doesn't seem to accept itunes, so I'll just groove on these sweet pics!

Thanks Nick :)

I DL the ap but I don't have the poster....didn't read that part till I tried it. Good source though :) confirms my/bimmers hard work researching this helmet :)

confirms my/bimmers hard work researching this helmet :)
You guys normally seem to get your details straight, so I had faith in you the whole time! ;)

I've been tracking your progress and it looks gorgeous. You guys are unstoppable once you aim at a project. I seriously can't wait to see your final master and your first pulls. One of these days, I'd love to see one of Bimmer's renderings superimposed on an image of the final product super imposed on the real thing from the movie just to fully appreciate how painstaking the work is for all involved...then again, I have weird goals. :lol

And if you want to check it out, here's the poster: Images From Bring a Cap Screening to Your Town With the Captain America Experience | Marvel.com

-Nick

Just bumping this up to see if anyone might have the technical knowhow to extract the models and textures from the App...

It would really make an incredible reference. Anyone? Bueller?

-Nick

Still wondering if someone might be able to rip this model and texture...

or at least e able to tell me how to do it.

-Nick

I don't have the skills you need, but I really appreciate those pics you posted! Great find!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back