Underworld Awakening - Ulak Blade

Delmustator

Sr Member
With the release of the movie, one weapon caught my attention. The ulak blade that Theo James was brandishing when he and Selene first encountered each other.

422202_343153489052652_100000740110316_1071339_1722766669_n.jpg

Looks like there are some designs on the blade but I cannot tell from this pic.

Enlarged
400239_343158475718820_100000740110316_1071341_60541666_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Del,
Yes, those are etched into the side of the aluminum. I worked on the film. I built some of the hero weapons on the film.... to include Kate's. I built the hero Antigen guns you see Antigen security and Kate use throughout the film. I also helped a dear friend of mine with his work he had on the show as well..... Rick Gamez. I did the CAD and machining for Kate's sword and the knuckle buster Theo uses. Rick then took that stuff and did all the beautiful finishing work. The hero prop you're asking about was done by Rick, himself. I will definitely let Rick know you were intrigued by that piece.

Hope you enjoyed the film

Cheers,
Kenney

Last edited:
Yeah, but i liked this one sword, not swung by anybody important, but its rather like one i designed years ago.
8xq6ab.jpg

except for actual use you'd want to make the thing out of one solid piece, and leave the bit of metal between the frontblade and the mainblade so you don't lose fingers or break off the frontblade.

6r1v9d.jpg

Last edited:
@bobthetaru

This was the sword I Was talking about that I did the CAD and machined up. Although it was originally used by another actor, this was eventually used by Kate in a detailed battle scene. I machined it out of aluminum in three main parts.... the front blade, the axe mid section, and then the rear spike. The parts are held together by a bar in the middle. The axe section has three rings which slide over the bar. The front blade and rear spike have dowel like ends which slide into each end of the bar and are then locked in place by screws. The grip is just a casting painted to look like wrapped leather. All the detail is just etched into the metal.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back