Uncle655321’s 2015 Halloween Costume Contest Entry: Navin R Johnson

uncle655321

“Johnson, Navin R… sounds like … “

Here is my entry for the 2015 HCCE, from a favorite move of mine.

This was not so much of “a build”, but “an assemblage” and virtually all of the components are readily available via the online retailers. Some pieces I actually already owned, so I would up spending about $65 - $75 USD, you might be able to do this cheaper.

The ingredients list:
WIP Navin 02.jpg

I’ll detail each item from head to toe:

Cap: This was a cloth ice cream cap sourced online from Prairie Moon, name patch attached with Shoe Goo.

WIP Navin 01.jpg
Opti-Grab: This was a replica tortoise shell / horned rim eyeglasses, I think the style is “Browline”, these are very inexpensive and found everywhere. I used exoxy to attach as small scrap of bent wire to the bridge. The Opti-grab was painted the wire itself with some One Shot metallic gold.

Shirt & Pants: Red Kap industrial wear, long sleeve shirt (SP-50) with double front pockets with flaps and the pants model PT-20. Both are extremely sturdy, as they are meant to be worn on a daily basis in factories. They were bought online from Automotive Workwear. Both cost about $38

Patches (Navin / EZ-Serv): Custom-ordered through an Etsy shop for $15, they should be available. Applied to shirt & cap with Shoe-Goo.

Belt, Boots & Bowtie: All colored black and I already owned all three. I believe Steve Martin wears some sort of work shoe, but I have black paratrooper boots that work fine, especially under long pants.

Accessories: I am almost certain that Steve Martin has a Bic pen in his left front pocket, I have a blue Sharpie instead – its blue cover is the same. The tire pressure gauge is standard, although I do not show it in my picture. The round, retractable key-ring I did have to buy on Amazon for about $3 or $4, I attached two of my own spare keys. Oh, a phone book.
Full Build.jpg

I think that just about covers it, my proof picture below along with the real Steve Martin … this was very easy to assemble but a lot of fun but the most - OH MY GOD... THE NEW PHONE BOOK IS HERE!!!
NRJ Proof 2015.jpgJerk.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Uncel655321’s 2015 Halloween Costume Contest Entry: Navin R Johnson

Nice!

Don't forget to post a link to this in the contest thread! :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back