Ultimate Batman Begins Grapple Gun. VIDEO ADDED

I am about to start on the new ones. Some improvements include a much stronger safety switch, magnetic release clip instead of friction, and dark springs.

Thanks for the info on the broadheads, that's exactly what I was looking for to complete my display.

And awesome work on the gun, but that goes without saying.

I wouldn't have the heart to do that to my Noble gun, though. It has its flaws, but overall I think it's a great looking piece as it is.

And yes, i'm trying to convince myself :p

What about the paint job Jemeth? How does it hold up when compared to the paint job that was on there originally?

To me the stock paint on the Noble gun matches only one scene in Batman Begins :

It's the only time it actually looks like it's dark bronze and not golden bronze like the rest of the movie or in TDK. That could very well be the lighting but to me, it's very different from this :

Oh and for those interested in the broadheads I just bought a 3 pack on Tru-Fire and international shipping to Europe was $18.

For the sake of realism I took the 125 grain barbed "Speed" model.

What about the paint job Jemeth? How does it hold up when compared to the paint job that was on there originally?

When we first see the Grapple gun it has a weird Bronze Color. It's never seen like that again. The next time it's seen it's the gold.

The Noble Collection gun kind of has it's own color. Does not really match either colors shown in the film when you really look at it.

I use Tamiya Gold which, after a dull coat layer looks great. Kevin had a great color for his Batarangs but it was a custom mix.

On my new ones the color will be the same but will be airbrushed instead of rattle canned. Not sure if it will look different but will make touch ups a lot easier.

When we first see the Grapple gun it has a weird Bronze Color. It's never seen like that again. The next time it's seen it's the gold.

The Noble Collection gun kind of has it's own color. Does not really match either colors shown in the film when you really look at it.

I use Tamiya Gold which, after a dull coat layer looks great. Kevin had a great color for his Batarangs but it was a custom mix.

How's the durability? Does it chip off easily or does it handle ok with a good grip? I'm judging the ladder given the video you used to demonstrate it hands on. I seem to have had that problem with my Noble Collection one.

In regards to the magazine clip, I always assumed that it housed the gas canisters and not additional harpoons since those were seen exposed in the front.

How's the durability? Does it chip off easily or does it handle ok with a good grip? I'm judging the ladder given the video you used to demonstrate it hands on. I seem to have had that problem with my Noble Collection one.

In regards to the magazine clip, I always assumed that it housed the gas canisters and not additional harpoons since those were seen exposed in the front.

Durability depends on what you are using it for. It's painted metal and plastic so it can scratch like any other paint. It should not be treated like a a real gun or something similar.

It's a highly customized prop and needs to be treated as such. It's made to be handled and played with but if you drop it stuff might break.

I'm not sure if that really answered your question.

On the broadheads I took some artistic license as I could not stand those wimpy little hooks they had sticking out the front. Plus they could not go through anything and you could only have two at a time.

On the magazine since he showed it to him and mentioned the monofilament line (or fishing line as normal people call it) as he showed him the mag that gave me the idea that it contained the hook and line.

Helllo;
Are you still making the Dark Knight functional Grappling Guns? I am wanting one built and see that you are the one with the skills. I know that it takes time and money.
Can we discuss this?
John Buckland

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back