UK Prop Party - confirmed 19th 20th November

Man I wish I could have gone to this. You guys look like you had so much fun and the RPF stand looks sweet. :thumbsup

Ben

Gizmo it was packed to the rafters, ALL day long, cant say enough about the effort put in by our lads, the RPF did steal the show IMO, and proved people REALLY want to see this stuff and it was great to interract and talk shop all day, just wish i could have talked to some of our members more, but the day flew by.

lee

Welshwarrior getting a thorough studio scale boring from me hehe, great kid, awesome Fett painter too!

lee
RPFUKPropmeet031-1.jpg

hi all.

just got myself unpacked and settled back at home.

First off, I thinks it very important to say a huge thankyou to Simon (supatrroper) for organising an amazing weekend. I think the work he put in really paid off and we all benefitted from it.
I also think that my good mate Daz (suckface)deserves a massive thankyou as our booth was such an attraction that we need to employ crowd control measures so Daz stepped up and was our RPF bouncer.

anyway, what a day. thankfully a bit quiter than yesterday so I had a chance to chat to a few people. One of the many highlights of the day was having the opportunity to chew the fat with Brian Muir and his lovely wife. both were truly lovely people.

here are a few pics from today.
todays SPFX makeup demo
IMG_5338.jpg

IMG_5339.jpg

yesterdays make up
4c2e3fcd.jpg

5597d494.jpg

e9e68550.jpg

my little corner
IMG_5349.jpg

IMG_5350.jpg

IMG_5365.jpg

the overal booth
IMG_5346.jpg

IMG_5347.jpg

the obligitory shot of me with my work
IMG_5357.jpg

thanks to eveyone for making this a really great weekend

Looks like it was a massive success, well done to everyone involved, especially Supatroop, the work involved in planning this must of been huge.

So bummed i couldn't make it, i was working, programming Christmas lighting times for a large well known UK retailer! Mind you if i had of known there was cakes.........

Rich, the make up looks incredible mate.

Hope to make it next time, i'll make sure i have the weekend free!

Brilliant weekend, A big thanx to Simon, Rob and the rest of the RPF and Dented Helmet mob. Had a great laugh and will definately be going again. :)

Tony

Your stuff looks great guys. Especially yours Rich, The new ledger looks wicked. Looks like this was a great event. Wish i could have gone. Congrats to everyone who had something on display. Its a real acheivement.

Well guy's that's the first of many UK RPF prop party's out of the way, and it looks like there are many more to come.

Manchester during July is on the Cards for Expo and we have been invited back to Memorabilia again with the promise of even more space and a Stage.

This was truly a phenomenal weekend for a number of reason's the first being the way we were recieved by the general public, without a doubt we stole the show ........ the crowds of people wanting to see the displays never stopped from opening time until the event closed.

The Other amazing thing about the event is the bond that quickly grew amoungst the Member's, it was hard to tell that the members had in most circumstances never met, we came to the event as strangers and at the final conclusion we all left as friends it was truly remarkable to see the friendship form and grow as the weekend progressed, a love of a hobby has forged some hopefully long lasting friendships.

Id like to thank a couple of people if i may,

Art for trusting me with the RPF brand, it's reputation is still intact and has definately arrived in the UK :)

Rob and Simon (RS props) without your help, generosity and good nature i could never have achieved what WE did, thank you.

Fettster you are a Legend, enough said :thumbsup

Suckface your my Hero, :lol

And to every Member of both the RPF and TDH that took part in the Prop Party, it is because of you and your talents the event was the massive succes that it was, i salute you all and proud to call you my mates :thumbsup

Ok just one serious issue to clear up, as we are aware Kevin one of our members has been taken Ill and is having to sell his props to make his family financially secure.

From the generosity of RS Props, Mic Davis and Brian Muir who each donated some raffle prizes for the Prop Party we were able to raise £300 in 4 hours, this Money is going to be given to Kevin and his family courtesy of the RPF.

once again thank you all for an amazing weekend guys. Roll on Manchester.

RPF and TDH MEMBERS United with Brian Muir(TDH stand)
dsc0052ia.jpg

This Guy won the RS Props Si-man helmet, he was so emotional we thought he was going to cry
dsc0092cq.jpg

Winner of the Hill Valley Sign donated by Mic Davis
dsc0093iy.jpg

This is right before the Draw for the Raffle, It was as busy as this the whole weekend

dsc0091wz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it was a blast!

Mike i am truly sorry ............... i forgot to give you a well deserved mention in my post above.

Mike (orange blend) is the man responsible for making the UK Prop Party Passes that were issued to you all, we all wore them with pride.

Many thanks for your time and effort in doing these for me :thumbsup

6310551616689989d4d9.jpg

Another Picture of the RPF display

Last edited by a moderator:
What a brilliant day, easily the best stall there. Big thanks to Si and Rob for setting it all up. Everyone I met was truly amazing, and the pieces on show were unbelievable. You couldnt stare at Fettsters superman for too long for fear it would blink lol, and the zombie prank at the end was priceless.

Really awesome day guys, I got some photos I will throw up on here later.
But again, thanks everyone for an incredible time, cannot wait till next year.

Welsh

Long time reader of the site and member, but never posted!
I was there on Saturday and I have to say that the quality of the work was exceptional, really top drawer stuff. It's a shame that there aren't more opportunities to showcase all the amazing work that you guys do!

Long time reader of the site and member, but never posted!
I was there on Saturday and I have to say that the quality of the work was exceptional, really top drawer stuff. It's a shame that there aren't more opportunities to showcase all the amazing work that you guys do!

Hey im glad you like it and the event impressed you enough to post for the first time.

You can be sure that is not going to be the last time you will see the RPF at an event

I hope that the RPF becomes a regular presence at the event, Memorabilia for me has lost some of it's charm over the last few years, with lackluster guests compared to other events in the UK and what seems to be a smaller dealer area each time I go, but the addition of the RPF really made the day and seemed to have consistantly large crowds whenever I walked past. Very impressed and am already looking forward to the next event the RPF attends.

I hope that the RPF becomes a regular presence at the event, Memorabilia for me has lost some of it's charm over the last few years, with lackluster guests compared to other events in the UK and what seems to be a smaller dealer area each time I go, but the addition of the RPF really made the day and seemed to have consistantly large crowds whenever I walked past. Very impressed and am already looking forward to the next event the RPF attends.

Im not sure if you were aware of this but Memorabilia has been taken over by new people, their plan in the future is to get the event back to its old glory days, i think we will become a permenant fixture there once a year.

from what I've seen from the photo's it looks like the event was a great success:thumbsup, congrats to Simon and the rest of the guys for the hard work and efforts.

I think, this is what the Mem event needs, show casing fans props and home grown UK prop makers.thumbsup

Memorabilia at the NEC was one of the best days/weekends out, but over the years it's got alot smaller and less sci-fi signings attending and started to loose its charm I don't know if this was due to the recession we are currently in.

The last few events I've attended where becoming not viable to travel 3.5hrs to the event due to the lack of signings. Was their many Star Wars actor signing over the weekend? Reason I ask is that I find the Mem web site sometimes a bit miss leading who signing at the event.

I wasn't able to attend this event due to work but hopefully you guys will do another event at next upcoming LFCC?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back