Twisty the Clown's Juggling Pin

Sinned

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Still fleshing out my Twisty costume, and now have his juggling pin finished; this was a pretty fun project. He actually has three, which are all different, but I just focused on the more interesting one.

vlcsnap-2014-11-18-16h57m28s21_zpsj2zwqhmm.png

I started out modeling the pin in Rhino, just to get something to scale that I could print a pattern for. I shipped off the plans to my dad, and he turned the pin out of wood, on his lathe. He actually did several different versions, which were each sized a little differently, based on the overall pattern. We settled on one of the smaller ones as being "the best match."

I want to be able to make more, so I molded the pin. This was then cast hollow, and filled with rigid foam.

I'm still in search of the best color mix, but these wound up pretty close. Once I got to weathering, I got a little carried away with the fun, and ended up departing from screen accuracy quite a bit, but I like how it turned out. A bit more used looking.

Not that I've done all this though, I'm pretty sure I won't actually be able to bring it on the floor at cons, but at least I'll have it for Halloween. :)

TwistyTheClown-JugglingPin01_zpsgjse88ta.png TwistyTheClown-JugglingPin02_zps4fgsazxg.png

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back