Tube help

UglyMoFo

Hi all. I recently got my first bio and I want to make an adjustment on it. I recieved it with tubes that are attatched from the interior of the bio, as seen here (upper left).

IMG_1955.jpg

They appear to be attatched with an adhesive, I don't know what kind. What I want to do is make it to where I can remove/attach the tubes at will, like in the film. I would prefer to keep and use these tubes if possible. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

UMF

The tubes are all pretty much the same I bet you could go to a auto store and buy A quick connect end. We had a wiper blade hose break on one of our trucks and the mechanic here had these little black ribbed quick connects you use to join the 2 hoses togther. I bet you could glue it into place so you could attach the hose to it and pull it of whenever you wanted.

Both ideas sound good, I'll fiddle around with it, see which would work best. Any ideas on how to get the tubes off the bio as they are? They glued on somehow, and I don't want to damage the bio. Also, seeing as how they're run completely THROUGH the bio, there will be four holes in it IF I can the tubes out. Any suggestions?

You could cut though the back side of the tube on the inside of the bio using a exacto knife or just cut it flush on the front of the bio with the exacto and pull the remaining out, if you can, through the inside of the bio. Will shorten the tube a little.

Well I got the tubes out, after a bit of a struggle, and now I guess I'll try to get my hands on some magnets. I saw some tiny cylindrical magnets on ebay along with equally small flat ones. I figure if I can get the cylindrical magnets in the holes where the tubes were, and glue the flat magnets to the ends of the tubes, voila! I can attach' detatch them whenever. Wish me luck!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back