TrooperTrent Holiday Special Lightsaber Series

I can’t go into detail, follow our video, or when the new photos leak. Rip off what ever track you used and use our video to install the correct ones

just trying to save everyone the time..

Hey, all...I've lurked around this and accompanying threads and sites for many years now, but it's amazing to see the progress that's been made only recently, especially with the Al Roker revelation. Nice finds! That could only be topped by finally discovering what the specific real-world heat sink piece is. And to see that someone has finally made a functioning FX-style saber out of it really warms my heart. You never get to see one of these have an actual blade, even in the show itself!

I have had a Graflite in my possession for many years (pictured), figuring I'd convert it into a prop replica someday...but never could bring myself to hack it up. Glad I didn't, because we used to think you had to cut a piece out of it for the shroud area, and it turned out that was entirely off base among other things!

Anyway, I just wanted to jump in here an congratulate you guys on your awesome sabers. I'm still not sure whether I'll convert mine, or keep it stock just to show people what the saber was originally made from.

--SKot

AD5_3648.JPG

Last edited:
Also, I wanted to share with you guys the best close-ups that I have of the saber from those elusive promotional photos. Maybe they will be helpful in refining the details.
Lightsaber close-up (058 Luke ANH Post).jpg
In any case, here they are.

--SKot

Attachments

• Lightsaber close-up (060 Luke ANH Post).jpg
    Lightsaber close-up (060 Luke ANH Post).jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Lightsaber close-up (182 Luke ANH post).jpg
    Lightsaber close-up (182 Luke ANH post).jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 174
  • Lightsaber close-up (185 Luke ANH post).jpg
    Lightsaber close-up (185 Luke ANH post).jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 169
Also, I wanted to share with you guys the best close-ups that I have of the saber from those elusive promotional photos. Maybe they will be helpful in refining the details.
Those are larger than the ones I have.
Thanks!

Just asking: do you have the rest of those publicity photos that large?
Just for the sake of completeness, you understand.

Those are larger than the ones I have.
Thanks!

I figured they might be - glad I could help!

Just asking: do you have the rest of those publicity photos that large?
Just for the sake of completeness, you understand.

I wish I did. That's a fantastic set of promotional photos that seem to be under tight wraps, maybe because they show a saber that's not the correct or approved version? In any case, any time I've seen any of them released publicly in recent times, the original saber hilt is always Photoshopped out and replaced with the "correct" one, sometimes with a glowing blade added. None of those original photos ever seem to be publicly available in high resolution, and I wonder if that's by design.

--SKot

Last edited:
So I sent this to Trent last night and he said I should go ahead and post it over here. Finished it up some months ago and I'm still working on the soundfont but like all of my personal projects it kinda gets put on the back burner indefinitely. Not sure it really belongs here since it's more of a "saber" than a "prop" if you know what I mean, but oh well, here we go. LoL.

Made it using Trent's gen 2 kit, with a few "special" modifications myself.

Blade holder I machined from bar stock, emitter control box has the power switch and in hilt recharge, red dome aka "the rudolph nose" has an led under it to light it up, pommel cap is the original flash's lathed and machined to fit, with a vintage "chain ring bolt" keychain that I've had in my family's old junk drawer for like 30 years, two locking scews there are a shout out to the rivet setup on the ANH, Grips are Todd's, Control box has 6 vintage styled square and rectangular led buttons you see everywhere in the Star Wars universe. I did my box as an omage to the music interlude with Jefferson Starship. You'll see the 6 blinkie square buttons to the right of the monitor the Imperial Gunner watches it on.

Well here it is. Wanted to go my own way on this and have some fun rather than just do another accurate static build.

Last edited:
So I sent this to Trent last night and he said I should go ahead and post it over here. Finished it up some months ago and I'm still working on the soundfont but like all of my personal projects it kinda gets put on the back burner indefinitely. Not sure it really belongs here since it's more of a "saber" than a "prop" if you know what I mean, but oh well, here we go. LoL.

Blade holder I machined from bar stock, emitter control box has the power switch and in hilt recharge, red dome aka "the rudolph nose" has an led under it to light it up, pommel cap is the original flash's lathed and machined to fit, with a vintage "chain ring bolt" keychain that I've had in my family's old junk drawer for like 30 years, two locking scews there are a shout out to the rivet setup on the ANH, Grips are Todd's, Control box has 4 vintage styled square and rectangular led buttons you see everywhere in the Star Wars universe. I did my box as an omage to the music interlude with Jefferson Starship. You'll see the 6 blinkie square buttons to the right of the monitor the Imperial Gunner watches it on.

Well here it is. Wanted to go my own way on this and have some fun rather than just do another accurate static build.

This is so brilliant and hilarious. Outstanding job my friend.

Blade holder I machined from bar stock, emitter control box has the power switch and in hilt recharge, red dome aka "the rudolph nose" has an led under it to light it up, pommel cap is the original flash's lathed and machined to fit, with a vintage "chain ring bolt" keychain that I've had in my family's old junk drawer for like 30 years, two locking scews there are a shout out to the rivet setup on the ANH, Grips are Todd's, Control box has 6 vintage styled square and rectangular led buttons you see everywhere in the Star Wars universe. I did my box as an omage to the music interlude with Jefferson Starship. You'll see the 6 blinkie square buttons to the right of the monitor the Imperial Gunner watches it on.

Freakn love it!!

I love it- wonderfully original!

Far out man.

That's awesome, It kind of sounds like it's from a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. I can see Starlord coming on swing that thing around. Lol
Off topic, but did you ever finish your Macrobinoculars?

Very strange...

My Graflite, which if you will recall, was a strange variant without the “Graflex” or “Graflite” logo stamped on the body (but on the end cap) has a cardboard tube in it. When I cut the threaded end off of the flash tube, the diameter of the tube is far too big to hold Trent’s end cap securely; however, when I employ the before-mentioned cardboard tube, it fits like a glove:

View attachment 1008001
View attachment 1008003
View attachment 1008002
You did what I did. I was like"Oh No!" Then and sat and thought about it and the answer to my problem was right in front of me. It was a great solution.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back