TronDisc.com - Legit or Suspicious?

DexAntares

A few months ago I saw a post in the r/Tron subreddit showing TronDisc.com, a website selling what was advertised as "the world's first retractable blade Identity Disc." I studied up on the site and it's associated YouTube and, quite impressed, I pulled the trigger on ordering one. I was told by the maker/ seller it would be in my hands before Halloween.

Flash forward to today, nearly a month after the item was supposed to arrive. The seller/ maker has frequently updated their YouTube, but after almost daily emails from him I am unable to get any sort of tracking information. The most concrete thing he sent so far was a photo of a box with my address and his labeled on it.

I've spoken with several members of r/Tron and they're all showing their exasperation with this seller/ maker. They've all received similar emails, often saying "you'll get tracking on X day," then two days after X day saying "another 24 hours." I'm well within the PayPal customer purchase protection window, so much as I want this amazing looking item, I also don't want to get scammed. Granted, if this guy was scamming people it looks like he's been going about it in an extremely complex way. The frequent website updates lend credence to his veracity, but the equally frequent delays undo all that.

So I'm reaching out to the RPF community to see if anybody else has any experience with this guy. I don't want to demonize this guy. I really do want to give him the benefit of the doubt but I'm getting extremely worried at the constant delays. If anybody has heard of this site, or even ordered a disc from it, please let me know. Any information would be helpful. Thanks in advance, programs.

I almost bought the same tron disc after some digging on youtube and reddit videos. Even started communication with the maker who told me the same "you'll have it in xx days". Wasn't comfortable with their payment options at the time (wire transfer/weird 3rd party payment app) so I declined. The disc in question was their new all-metal, retractable, led lit disc (he sent videos to me while they where being made).

After some more digging past my initial communication, i found other buyers having the same issue as you. Some actually did get a "disc" but many many months (some a year+) after ordering.

I will say, however, i was lucky enough to buy one their discs off of ebay and the quality, build, parts are very well made (i paid around $250 for it). It's unfortunate that once the disc is paid to the seller, communication is sparse.

I almost bought the same tron disc after some digging on youtube and reddit videos. Even started communication with the maker who told me the same "you'll have it in xx days". Wasn't comfortable with their payment options at the time (wire transfer/weird 3rd party payment app) so I declined. The disc in question was their new all-metal, retractable, led lit disc (he sent videos to me while they where being made).

After some more digging past my initial communication, i found other buyers having the same issue as you. Some actually did get a "disc" but many many months (some a year+) after ordering.

I will say, however, i was lucky enough to buy one their discs off of ebay and the quality, build, parts are very well made (i paid around $250 for it). It's unfortunate that once the disc is paid to the seller, communication is sparse.
This is exactly the sort of information I've been looking for. I've heard there was, like, some sort of early run that reviewers actually got in hand. Guess I didn't research things as thoroughly as I should've. The item looks amazing for sure. Could it be that the maker might be a creative guy but not much of a businessman, especially on the logistical side of things?

I can't speak to the actual guy making/selling the discs past my few interactions with him. Just didn't like the payment options available which were red flags for me, and when pressed for a delivery date, he just couldn't commit to a firm date or refund policy up front.

Eventually, once I decided not to buy it, I mentioned the disc would be used in a Disneyworld related event for marketing (it wasn't) and I needed to pay using paypal or zelle for tracking/reporting purposes, he got very defensive and insisted on the wire/3rd party payment. Just seemed kinda of fishy and lacked any transparency/reputability.

If you can find it eventually on eBay, here or the tron facebook groups, i'd say go that route instead.

I can't speak to the actual guy making/selling the discs past my few interactions with him. Just didn't like the payment options available which were red flags for me, and when pressed for a delivery date, he just couldn't commit to a firm date or refund policy up front.

Eventually, once I decided not to buy it, I mentioned the disc would be used in a Disneyworld related event for marketing (it wasn't) and I needed to pay using paypal or zelle for tracking/reporting purposes, he got very defensive and insisted on the wire/3rd party payment. Just seemed kinda of fishy and lacked any transparency/reputability.

If you can find it eventually on eBay, here or the tron facebook groups, i'd say go that route instead.
Well, the saga concluded bitterly today - I asked once again for a tracking number and instead the guy refunded me and canceled my order -_- Months of waiting for nothing. He said there were shipping delays and that he'd email me when they resolved so I could order a new disc, if I was still interested. I'm not. He isn't getting my business again. I'll just keep checking eBay and here (I no longer use Facebook) in the hopes that I find one secondhand.

Ah sorry to hear that, at least you got your money back and some transparency on the actual seller for next time.

Hope you find it available down the road!

The plot thickens - he just posted a video showing a pile of discs "ready to dispatch." So why did my order get canceled? What's going on here? I hate to do this, but if anybody was considering buying from this guy I'd suggest you don't. Don't risk getting jerked around.

That said, if anybody else is selling comparable custom discs, I'm interested. I know the extending blades is a lot to ask for, so I won't ask. Maybe a modded toy disc, either Spinmasters or from the Disney ride. All I really want is a disc with a green inner ring and white blade effect. I did have the Disney disc but couldn't find anybody who had a green ID chip, or anybody who had any success in modding them. I do hope someone's still working on it.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back