Tron Siren dress

Kit Quinn

Hi all!

I'm working on some dresses inspired by the Sirens from TRON so I though it could be a fun first build thread on the RPF for me!

I'm working with my always partner in crime for all things TRON Annisse Damfatale who will be doing up the lights once I'm done sewing.

Here's our pattern all laid out, some pieces are doubled up because I have to alter the shapes to create the dress silhouette
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434747047.115384.jpg

Got all the pieces cut out. I was able to find an okay rubberized spandex for the project. The white is only a 2 way so that's a pain. They grey is a 4 way but a bit dark and the coating is fragile. The materials are a challenge to work with but hopefully it survives being worn!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434747067.564009.jpg

And here's the first mostly finished sewn up dress. Had some winkling issues in the front which I have now hopefully fixed. Had to rip out the panels and recut them.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434852512.770976.jpg

Last edited:
Time to start fixing up the lights in my disk and cleaning up the hub.

The disk was fixed up and had more lights added by Annisse's hubby a few years ago. But due to the many drops it has suffered I need to pop it open and see what I've messed up and do some rewiring.

Mr. Roboto will be helping with this stuff!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434851797.151830.jpg

The hub came from someone on the RPF long ago in the main TRON thread. I think we're just going to completely remake it so it will sit against the disk a little better, but if not I'll be sanding it down and repainting and just generally cleaning it up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434852215.287804.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And flawless execution! Tried both the staple method and conductive thread method and had perfect results. No loss of light and great stability. I'm putting the glue on over the connection points on the back side just to help everything stay solid but I'll see how the stress test goes tomorrow after the glue cures

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435826151.008392.jpg

Patterning out my EL tape to do all the connections tomorrow. Gentle painters tape laid on the costume that I'll then take off and put down on the EL tape and cut to the correct lengths. I won't have enough to complete the disk on the back but I'll get just about everything else!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435992854.087646.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back