TRON/RINZLER armor costume.

StaggzCosplay

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
so im new here and ive started on 2 costumes here latley. the 1st is a tron costume (which is pretty much a liitle different than rinzlers armor but white symbols instead of orange) and a clu armor costume. its going to be very simple to make (and i CAN say that because ive already started on both. so for the TRON costume im using all black pants, a long sleeve shirt, and then a no sleeve black shirt. the reason why im making it no sleeves is because im going to armor up the sleeves under it and then armor the no sleeve tshirt up over it. the armor will easily be made out of craft foam and waterproof glue, then spraypainted black (already covered it in glue, almost ready to spray paint. the clu is pretty much the same thing accept, well.... its clu.... anyway, i dont have any good pictures yet but i should gets some up soon. please, if you have any questions or tips they would be much appreciated! thanks guys! :lol

You may want to try Plastidip spray instead of a black spraypaint. It will give the foam a nice rubbery texture.

Can't wait to see some pictures

Well if you're in the States, i'm sure any local Home Depot or Lowes would carry it. Most autopart stores with a paint section would too i suppose. Look it up for your area :)

rinzler armor help

so here is the rinzler armor so far but i need some help. does this look about right so far? ive still got to cover it in plasti dip.

sandercohen13 on deviantART

sorry its a link, but yes that is my armor. anyway please tell me what you think and give me any tips possible thanks! :lol

Before you spray, seal the foam with Mod Podge (craft store). It will fill in the pores of the foam so the plastidip won't soak in.

Before you spray, seal the foam with Mod Podge (craft store). It will fill in the pores of the foam so the plastidip won't soak in.

thanks for the info! do you think i need it if i have it all covered in waterproof glue though (6 times covered)

ok so now ive started working on the gauntlets of the suit. i also last night picked up a shirt that was like an athletic material and im gonna use that instead of mny other idea. unfortunatley, the shirt sleeves are a little loose so im gonna have to make them tighter with the gauntlets. i still need to go pick up some plasti dip from home depot and that should take care of that. for the pants im using like athletic sweat pants type things and im gonna try to glue some craft foam patterns on there to make it look cooler. im still confused though on one tiny thing.... should i make it the Rinzler red color? or the TRON white? because its the same armor but with different colored symbols. also i have to start working on the back because if you look in the movie the back armor sways around to the front. so anyway its looking good so far.... should be very accurate at the end.

He actually blue. Standard programs are blue. Only users are white.
actualy the white is called conservist. and when he fell into the sea of simulation he was white and in the flash backs he was blue. at the end he was like light light light blue, or white i cant remember. but anyway that doesnt matter because im making the rinzler version.

Asics Men's Core Long Sleeve Black & White
so this is the shirt im using for the rinzler costume. looks close enough. should work after i paint all the armor with plastidip. then i have to glue it on and pull out the red reflective tape! then gotta start working on the helmet. its gonna take forever but im telling you the suit will be 90%-97% acurate. so im gonna be patient and take my time and it should come out as one of the only replicated rinzler suits out there!

so here is a few updates, 1 I NEED TO GO GET MORE CRAFT FOAM AND PLASTI DIP :( 2. its snowing like crazy here so i cant go outside ad paint with plastidip or any paint. 3 here is a picture of what needs to be done before the front armor is painted. sandercohen13 on deviantART
if you have any questions or tips please tell me! thanks!
ps. again sorry its a link!

sandercohen13.deviantart.com
here is the updated armor! many things on the armor have been rearanged, taken off, and added so please do enjoy! the piece is almost perfect so far! hopefully this link works! please view

END OF LINE

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back