Tron Legacy: Sam Flynn motorcycle helmet?

From what I remember hearing, is that the helmet was custom made to appear "futuristic," although, it didn't quite look a whole lot different from modern day helmets..

While I appreciate your input (THANKS! :)) I'd just like to ask if you're certain? I don't doubt you, but I'd rather ask and make certain before purchasing a $500 lid.

And about a month later I can add that while the screen used helmet may have been painted matte black, there is no need to do the same if you're making a replica helmet. The Shoei decal (front and back) can be scraped off. The decal will break into tiny "chips" but once removed together with the glue remnants it will look PERFECT. :)

Actually...and I hate to say so...but the Sam Flynn real-world helmet is a Shoei RF-1000. The tells are:

- The ridge between the two forward vents
- The ridge on the forward vents, themselves
- No rear chimneys
- The non-integral rear air dam (seen at approx 3:54 in the vid: YouTube - Disney D23's Armchair Archivists)

Which is unfortunate, because the 1100 is a truly spectacular helmet. But for screen accuracy, you'll want the previous model.

Shoei RF-1000 Strife Graphic Helmets - Closeout Competition Accessories

Last edited:
my 1000
samshelmet.jpg

easy but took some time, I just used my finger nails and picked it off and then cleaned up the sticky residue with zippo fluid and car bug/tar remover

That sounds like fun. I also have to change the visor on mine, since it came only with a clear one. Seeing yours has now given me the motivation to finish mine. Thanks!

not really, the ARG is very large..there was someone making retro reflective ones that had different sizes on one sheet.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back