Unlimited Run Tron: Legacy Rinzler helmet

Sorry for such a late reply...i've been taking time off from RPF, and I reeeeally want to get back into this now, but I hurt my arm over the weekend and am unable to do much of anything at the moment. But! I fully plan to get back into making Rinzler, Quorra, Black Guard, and CLU helmets in the next few weeks.

Not to put any undue pressure on Crimson490 with new orders, but he squared me away with a finished Rinzler a short while back. For anyone on the fence, totally worth the $ and the wait, hands down beautiful helmet.

New mold is coming along! All that remains is the 2pc fiberglass hard backing to the silicone. I have the paper template made up for where the two thin pieces of wood will bolt each half together. The other pic shows my clay form for the partial split of the silicon mold at the bottom of the helmet. The silicon is stretchy, but without this split, I'm afraid the part won't come out of the mold! I made a few keys to help locate both sides of the split so it goes back together right where it needs to every time.
IMG_20201203_205847451.jpg
IMG_20201127_210115508.jpg

Mold is finished, 1st cast was removed yesterday and looks super glossy! I'm back in business with this helmet, and the others. Thanks for your patience! PM me if interested!

Greetings Programs!

You can now get a 4th Tron helmet from me: Rinzler! - either fully finished or raw cast.
You can read more about how it was built here.

Here are the options (shipping is extra - pm me your zip code / country for actual costs):
- Raw Cast: $170
- Raw Cast w/ lights: $200
- Fully finished with lights: $300

The Helmet
is a 1-piece clear and tinted urethane cast. It is wearable, meaning you can see out of it. Because it's tinted, it's like wearing sunglasses. This makes it more difficult to see at night, but possible. It also makes it difficult for others to see you inside. Because this is roto-cast, not vacu-formed, visibility is distorted, but not foggy or hazy. The opening in the bottom is oval and is roughly 6.5in. (16.5cm) wide x 8.1in. (20.5cm) deep. It slips over my head with little problem (gotta tuck ears in), and my head measures a circumference of 23in. (58.4cm). Once my head is in I've got lots of room. It's just the opening area that is tight.

The Light kit includes 5ft long EL-wire, 3-foot extension wire (if you want to place the battery pack in your shirt or pants pocket), inverter/driver, and a 12v battery cage (for holding 8 AA batteries).

You can choose between several different colors for the lighting. Here's a list of what's available:
Aqua (looks white when off)
Blue
Pink
Purple
(looks maroon when off)
Lime Green
Teal Green
Yellow
White
(looks pale pink when off)
Orange
Red
(as seen in pics below. Looks more of a red/orange like Rinzler's color)

Also included with either raw cast or finished is a separate colored transparent piece which is the larger lit area in the back. Depending on what color EL wire you want, I can color this piece to match the EL wire.

I do not include foam padding, as everyone's head is sized differently.

And last but not least, this helmet is not for road-use!!! It's not protective AT ALL, and is intended for cosplay or display.
Hello, can you email me at djsora2002@gmail.com? I am interested in this if you are still doing these

New mold is coming along! All that remains is the 2pc fiberglass hard backing to the silicone. I have the paper template made up for where the two thin pieces of wood will bolt each half together. The other pic shows my clay form for the partial split of the silicon mold at the bottom of the helmet. The silicon is stretchy, but without this split, I'm afraid the part won't come out of the mold! I made a few keys to help locate both sides of the split so it goes back together right where it needs to every time. View attachment 1374787View attachment 1374788
Hey man, am interested in buying a helmet, does this model turn on the lights? how much it costs, I live in Brazil my email juarlymarcelo@gmail.com

Greetings Programs!

You can now get a 4th Tron helmet from me: Rinzler! - either fully finished or raw cast.
You can read more about how it was built here.

Here are the options (shipping is extra - pm me your zip code / country for actual costs):
- Raw Cast: $170
- Raw Cast w/ lights: $200
- Fully finished with lights: $300

The Helmet
is a 1-piece clear and tinted urethane cast. It is wearable, meaning you can see out of it. Because it's tinted, it's like wearing sunglasses. This makes it more difficult to see at night, but possible. It also makes it difficult for others to see you inside. Because this is roto-cast, not vacu-formed, visibility is distorted, but not foggy or hazy. The opening in the bottom is oval and is roughly 6.5in. (16.5cm) wide x 8.1in. (20.5cm) deep. It slips over my head with little problem (gotta tuck ears in), and my head measures a circumference of 23in. (58.4cm). Once my head is in I've got lots of room. It's just the opening area that is tight.

The Light kit includes 5ft long EL-wire, 3-foot extension wire (if you want to place the battery pack in your shirt or pants pocket), inverter/driver, and a 12v battery cage (for holding 8 AA batteries).

You can choose between several different colors for the lighting. Here's a list of what's available:
Aqua (looks white when off)
Blue
Pink
Purple
(looks maroon when off)
Lime Green
Teal Green
Yellow
White
(looks pale pink when off)
Orange
Red
(as seen in pics below. Looks more of a red/orange like Rinzler's color)

Also included with either raw cast or finished is a separate colored transparent piece which is the larger lit area in the back. Depending on what color EL wire you want, I can color this piece to match the EL wire.

I do not include foam padding, as everyone's head is sized differently.

And last but not least, this helmet is not for road-use!!! It's not protective AT ALL, and is intended for cosplay or display.
Hello. Is this still available?

Yes - this has lights. Speaking of which...I am almost done with an upgrade to the lighting...

I am working on an option to have the helmet lit with RGB LEDs instead of a one-color EL wire. This way, you'll be able to make your Rinzler helmet switch between 20 different colors, adjust brightness, as well as have some simple strobe/fade effects all with a remote control.
Coming Soon(TM)!
LED R6 pink.jpg

Yes - this has lights. Speaking of which...I am almost done with an upgrade to the lighting...

I am working on an option to have the helmet lit with RGB LEDs instead of a one-color EL wire. This way, you'll be able to make your Rinzler helmet switch between 20 different colors, adjust brightness, as well as have some simple strobe/fade effects all with a remote control.
Coming Soon(TM)!
View attachment 1430501
Excellent idea!

Are you still making Clu helmets? My job can have it's downtime often so I found myself watching Tron Legacy on Disney+ and mann the design of Clu with and without his Robes are ICONIC!

My only worry for your helmets is I don't know if it will fit because my head is around 24.5 but I would still be interested in knowing?

Yes - CLU is still available! You can see more here. I hate to say it, but the helmet opening is probably too small for you. My head is 22.5", and CLU, Quorra and Black Guard all fit with just a little bit of wiggle room (maybe would fit 23 or 23.5 at most). Rinzler has a smaller opening, and is tight for me. The helmet openings can be opened up with a dremel and sanding wheel, but the bigger you make the opening, the more you start to remove material from the sides at the bottom. The helmets open up a bit on the inside, once you get past the opening.

Would the possibility of bigger versions come later down the line? Maybe if I got this, It would require me to Dremel and sand the opening like you mentioned but perhaps I could also make the back piece detachable with magnets?

LED lighting update is complete! Check out page 1 showing updated pics and details for the RGB LED lighting. Now Rinzler can switch from bad to good with the press of a button! :D

Switch between 20 colors (including white), adjust brightness, switch to a strobe, fade, or blink effect. AC plug available if you want to display with lights on all the time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back