Tron Legacy Costume

damn but here it says Quorra's circuitry is blue :( that has been one of the biggest questions, are Sam and Quorra's lights blue or white?

UGH! I am just sticking with white, white produces a blue hue in some photography. So, if Quorra's lights were blue in the movie, then it must have been a very faint blue almost white hue.

I asked a friend of mine that actually worked on the suits in the movie but she never got back to me and I hate to keep bugging her about it.

Or, are they referring to Quorra's circuitry in Tron Evolution here??? So confused. :confused

I can definitely see how that can be confusing. To me it looks like her circuitry in Tron Evolution is definitely of a blue tinge. But in the film, it looked white. (And costume-wise, I think it would be most recognisable as being white.) So I'd say keep on the right track, you're already there! :)

I can definitely see how that can be confusing. To me it looks like her circuitry in Tron Evolution is definitely of a blue tinge. But in the film, it looked white. (And costume-wise, I think it would be most recognisable as being white.) So I'd say keep on the right track, you're already there! :)

I can tell you, working with the POWO EL Sheet (Pink off, white on) it does cast a slight blue tinge to it, and depending on your camera settings, you can make that blue more pronounced or turn it a soft glow white.

It really does depend on the camera.

It's definitely a white glow, but under the right conditions you can see a little aqua in there. Just go through that whole photo album and look at my lights. You can see they look white in some, aqua in others.

Ok, the whole thing has sold me. I'm going to make a CLU costume.

The disc is the easy part.

I have a few questions to anyone who's been there before though:

1) Which method ends up looking better, the method of el-wire with overlay to diffuse the glow as perfected by eddie on pages 25-27ish, or the LightTape method as perfected by Soulinertia and others?

2) What is the best material to create armor sections out of? I liked the idea of using the yoga mat material someone did earlier, but CLU's armor is a bit more all-covering and much thinner, so I'm not suer it would hold its texture properly.

3) Any other tips before I get off on this trainwreck?

Ok, the whole thing has sold me. I'm going to make a CLU costume.

The disc is the easy part.

I have a few questions to anyone who's been there before though:

1) Which method ends up looking better, the method of el-wire with overlay to diffuse the glow as perfected by eddie on pages 25-27ish, or the LightTape method as perfected by Soulinertia and others?

2) What is the best material to create armor sections out of? I liked the idea of using the yoga mat material someone did earlier, but CLU's armor is a bit more all-covering and much thinner, so I'm not suer it would hold its texture properly.

3) Any other tips before I get off on this trainwreck?
I would advise you to use latex. Rubber is great, but it does not have any pours. Latex is the way to go. Latex does breath and it's easier to work with. Think of all your hollywood masks. All are now using latex. It's like would you rather use Vinyl or leather? Same idea! Best of Luck!:)

I've been lurking this thread for a while, though this is my first post. I too have been interested in making a full Clu costume and using some sort of rubber. Havent started thinking about the helmet or the robe/cloak, but I intend to make those too

Cool! I too want to make the helmet and robe..I might even make the robe first since it looks a lot easier. I'm just thinking about how I'm even gonna start this, let alone actually pull it off, lol

I would advise you to use latex. Rubber is great, but it does not have any pours. Latex is the way to go. Latex does breath and it's easier to work with. Think of all your hollywood masks. All are now using latex. It's like would you rather use Vinyl or leather? Same idea! Best of Luck!:)

Is there a guide on how to work with the latex? I've never even begun to look at that.

Lot's O great info here...
Tron Legacy - Tron Wiki - Tron, Tron Legacy, Tron 2.0, Tron Evolution and more

damn but here it says Quorra's circuitry is blue :( that has been one of the biggest questions, are Sam and Quorra's lights blue or white?

http://tron.wikia.com/wiki/Quorra

I say white. Wikis are added to and edited by anyone.. Of course to the mere non-costumer eye, most would say it's 'blue' or 'aqua' but having seen all the EL colours in wires and sheets, the aquas and blues are WAY more colourful than Quorras and Sams.

Wasn't there a write up long ago about what the colours meant in the movie? And that Quorra and Sam were indeed white?

I noticed the scenery complimented the residents costumes when watching Flynn/Clu. Clu's was all red/orange just like his lighting. Flynn's room was all white, like his lighting. Everything white in the movie had blue tint so some simple minded person could've just posted that up. Maybe because people aren't used to seeing EL lights, so they interpret them however they look to the eye as opposed to your brain processing it as white like Flynn's robes and room...if everything that had a blue-ish tint in the movie was actually blue, then we'd best start discussing theatrical makeups to change our skintones. :lol

Here's an example of the white balance adjusted:
TRON-Legacy-Behind-the-scenes.jpg

ok, So I am about to put an end to the white vs blue Quorra discussion. It's WHITE! Standard programs are blue, while users are white but it seems like since Quorra is not a standard program and is so close to Flynn, she is white as well. Don't know how to post pictures but if someone let's me know I will post one from my email of a page in an OFFICIAL Disney Tron Movie guide that I'm using as reference to the suits. The statement reads:
"WHITE: The Users. The pure color of light, white, indicates superiority to all programs, and may be seen only on the Users who come from outside the Grid, i.e., Kevin and Sam Flynn. Quorra, who is Kevin's loyal confidant, is white as well."
BAM!

@ Annisse: Any links for a DIY Siren costume. I'm making my wife one and I'm thinking of going with foam lined with Spandex or Lycra, but not sure. Mine will be a built from scratch Rinzler. About to start the helmet sculpt. Planning of having is done for Austin's comic con, and hopefully San Diego as well. Definitely for Halloween!

ok, So I am about to put an end to the white vs blue Quorra discussion. It's WHITE! Standard programs are blue, while users are white but it seems like since Quorra is not a standard program and is so close to Flynn, she is white as well. Don't know how to post pictures but if someone let's me know I will post one from my email of a page in an OFFICIAL Disney Tron Movie guide that I'm using as reference to the suits. The statement reads:
"WHITE: The Users. The pure color of light, white, indicates superiority to all programs, and may be seen only on the Users who come from outside the Grid, i.e., Kevin and Sam Flynn. Quorra, who is Kevin's loyal confidant, is white as well."
BAM!

Fox, when you post a reply or the like, there is a little Yellow Box with a Mountain and Sun in it on the top tool bar of your text window.. that's the link image source quick-key (Insert Image).
images.jpg

Last edited:
Tron USERS | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

hope this worked. I couldn't figure out how to upload photos so I'll just link you to the flickr page....One of pics is of the front of the magazine...

Cheers!

YAY!!! thanks for posting that. Finally can get that out of the way, let's remember page 69 shall we ;)

QUORRA n SAMs lights are freaking WHITE!!!!!!! :thumbsup :eek

As for a DIY SIREN suit tutorial, no, I don't know of any yet. What me and a couple of my friends are doing for our Siren suits to wear to SDCC next year, we want to find the base of the suit, start with the grey metallic lyrca spandex bodysuit and build onto that.

I have a full body mannequinn, which I recommend anyone to use to build any of these Tron fitted suits, to put the bodysuit on and we will add the shimmer silver irredecent material fabric geometric shapes onto that by drrawing them onto the bodysuit.

To be anal/accurate you will have to cut the entire bodysuit apart at the shapes you have drawn in to sew the contrasting material inside out, otherwise you will have to top stitch them on and the Sirens' suits are not topstitched.

OK, now you know why I get no sleep and get into car accidents. My brain explodes and drains me looking over all these details. *****!

Oh and someone just posted on my Tron Legacy cosplay group on Facebook that the Sirens as well as Castor and maybe some of the other programs have hexagon shaped pupil contacts on!

MORE HEADACHE expense accuracy to worry about! :p that is going to cost an arm and a leg to get custom made!

WOOT! finally got a Quorra action figure for a Christmas pressie from my hunny! Almost fell outta my seat when I unwrapped it. He said it was the last one they had when we went to Target. HA! He must have ran to the toy aisle when we seperated to shop because I went right over to the toy section and didn't find jack squat of Quorra figures. YAY! So happy! I love it and it lights up ;)

Plus I wanted to mention something about the identity disc batteries. I was changing mine out because they were running low the night of our meet-up movie night. Well, for one, those of you who have access to the 99 CENT STORE, they have the batteries there in a 9 pack that power our discs, just an FYI if you need more batteries, was stocked when I found them.

Another thing is by accident when I was putting the new batteries in, one fell out and the lights still stayed on. I experimented and took a row of 3 in a row of the batteries out and left only 3 in a row intact and the disc apparently lights up with only 3 batteries. Not sure how long that will keep the lights lite up constant if you did the disc mod like I did, but just thought I would mention what I found out.

Maybe you are knew this already, HA! sorry I am so not good with anything technical. It's a wonder how I even lite up my Quorra costume :D

Another thing is by accident when I was putting the new batteries in, one fell out and the lights still stayed on. I experimented and took a row of 3 in a row of the batteries out and left only 3 in a row intact and the disc apparently lights up with only 3 batteries. Not sure how long that will keep the lights lite up constant if you did the disc mod like I did, but just thought I would mention what I found out.

The short version of this is that the existing battery pack is 2 sets of 3 batteries wired in parallel. This provides a voltage of 4.5V (1.5v x 3) with additional current being provided.

The LEDs themselves require basically nothing to operate, but the circuit board and speaker probably take more. If you look at SoulInertia's disc, he has the 6 batteries wired front to back, in series. This creates a voltage of 9V (1.5x6) which is what causes the LEDs to glow so brightly.

I'm not gonna get too technical, but sources in series add their voltage, and sources in parallel provide equivalent voltage with greater current.

I'm assuming Quorra's lights only turned white after her apprenticeship with Flynn began ... so her lights WOULD be blue in Evolution.

Give a shout out if you are a cosplayer who also has a disney pass. Cause I'm trying to set up a meet this week.

With different stories from cast members and employees at disney I'm not sure how long they are keeping elecTRONica. Luck would have it that monday and tuesday looks to be dry. Plus this is usually the week people have off. Plus is Annissë is planning a El Capitan TRON gathering.

Whose up for nights at the disney grid!

Be warned random programs may mistaken you for disney cast members.
End of line.

P.S. EL-vis you can always throw together a reflective tape cosplay real quick.

Thanks man, but I don't have a pass. Yet. In any case, I don't see how I could get into the park (even DCA) dressed as Elvis anyways. I was under the impression that elecTRONica was sticking around a little bit longer than that... oh well... here's hoping...

The more I think about it, the more I want to do EL-vis. I've already got the black jumpsuit, so it'd just be a matter of the lights, so I think I'm going that way. What do you guys think? Too sacrilegious? Stupid? At my current weight, a regular TRON costume would look just wrong. Working on fixing THAT too...

I am always down for some ElecTRONica action. Couldn't make it last week cuz I had to work same for this weekend but I think ElecTRONica is only on weekends. It was open all last week for Christmas week only. They are only open Fridays Sat. and Sundays as far as I know. Hours suck 6 to 10pm. Wish they went till midnight but that's Disney for ya.

Oh and ElecTRONica goes till April of next year from what I have heard.

Yes, I wanna get us all together for another Tron Legacy movie trip to the El Capitan. How is Thursday January 6th or Friday January 7th for everyone?

If we can make it before the year ends I might be able to do Thursday Dec. 30th. Around the 8-9pm hours any of those days.

Let me know! :)

Give a shout out if you are a cosplayer who also has a disney pass. Cause I'm trying to set up a meet this week.

With different stories from cast members and employees at disney I'm not sure how long they are keeping elecTRONica. Luck would have it that monday and tuesday looks to be dry. Plus this is usually the week people have off. Plus is Annissë is planning a El Capitan TRON gathering.

Whose up for nights at the disney grid!

Be warned random programs may mistaken you for disney cast members.
End of line.

Oh and ElecTRONica goes till April of next year from what I have heard.

Yes, I wanna get us all together for another Tron Legacy movie trip to the El Capitan. How is Thursday January 6th or Friday January 7th for everyone?

If we can make it before the year ends I might be able to do Thursday Dec. 30th. Around the 8-9pm hours any of those days.

Let me know! :)

April makes more sense to me. Knowing Disney mentality (and boy do I), they wouldn't put something like this together to take it down after only a couple of months, especially if it's bringing people in. If they made expensive costumes specifically for it, that only reinforces that idea.

As for the movie, any of those days is good for me! January gives me enough time to gather money and effort to half-ass an EL-vis costume too! But in any case, what I'd really want to do is look at your guys' costumes and see what you did so I can better plan for mine. YAY!

I'm so jealous of everyone, my disney pass is for DisneyWorld here in Orlando on the other side of the country.

Maybe I should get my business together and set something up of my own!

Incidentally, all Disney castmember sign-ins are blacked out until the end of the year, so no luck on that route. Depending on some other Xmas cash I've still got coming in, I might kick in for an annual. Looking pretty good so far. Disney should just charge a monthly membership fee to come in, like an MMO.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back