Tron & Yori prop costumes for SDCC 2022

fleming42

Greetings! Working on replica prop costumes as worn by Cindy Morgan and Bruce Boxleitner for Yori and Tron! We will debut our work at San Diego Comic-Con 2022 this July! Follow our progress at:

IOTower.com

END OF LINE

ts.png

Yori's skull cap graphics are now mastered in Inkscape/SVG! This essentially completes the templates for screen printing Yori's costume for San Diego Comic-Con 2022. Next tasks are to cut/sew the unitard (prototype is done) and other costume pieces, then screen printing.

Follow & support this project:
San Diego Comic-Con 2022: Tron & Yori

END OF LINE
06-yori-tiles-cap.jpg

Greetings fellow conscripts! With Yori's graphics all reproduced and ready for making silk screens, I switched gears to Tron's chest graphic. For years I've wanted to do this, and finally, I completed it in Inkscape/SVG. You can read about it here, and access the master file by supporting the project:
San Diego Comic-Con 2022: Tron & Yori
END OF LINE
08-tron-tiles-front.jpg

Add Tron's arm gauntlet graphics to the done-list for SDCC 2022! Each section is a variation on a core set of shapes. Thank you to TRON visual effects supervisor Richard Taylor for pulling those all-nighters 40 years ago creating all the costume graphics!
END OF LINE
09-tron-tiles-gauntlet.jpg

Just wanted to follow up on my thread here that, unfortunately, we won't be able to complete the Yori & Tron costume builds in time for next week's San Diego Comic-Con. We did our best and made great progress, but due to circumstances beyond our control, we'll need more time. So when we return from SDCC, we'll resume work on the replica prop costumes. I'll be wearing my Kevin Flynn costume from 2017 again this year. Please follow updates at IOTower.com
END OF LINE

Hey Fleming42! I'm an artist that was at SDCC and I'm making an exclusive poster for SDCC 2022. I wanted to draw a Tron character in the poster holding his data disc but I can't seem to get the right photo reference for it. Your costume pics are amazing! Would you be up for helping me out? I could gift you one of the posters for your help (they are going to be a limited run!)
If you want to see my work, check out @dreamforgerstudios on Instagram or @nickkremenek on Twitter. Thanks for your time!!

Hey Fleming42! I'm an artist that was at SDCC and I'm making an exclusive poster for SDCC 2022. I wanted to draw a Tron character in the poster holding his data disc but I can't seem to get the right photo reference for it. Your costume pics are amazing! Would you be up for helping me out? I could gift you one of the posters for your help (they are going to be a limited run!)
If you want to see my work, check out @dreamforgerstudios on Instagram or @nickkremenek on Twitter. Thanks for your time!!
Sure! Let me know how I can help. Thanks.

Sure! Let me know how I can help. Thanks.
I've loved the beginning Disc Battle shot in Tron Legacy but thought it would be cool to make it with the original Tron (or maybe Flynn) instead. Here's a couple reference shots I had in mind. I just want to do the character justice and can't find the right reference photo angle to do so... :(

(The 2nd pic is my FPO on the working poster.)

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 149
  • SDCC2022-Art-Deco-Limited-Edition-Poster-11x17-tronshot.png
    SDCC2022-Art-Deco-Limited-Edition-Poster-11x17-tronshot.png
    296.4 KB · Views: 91
I've loved the beginning Disc Battle shot in Tron Legacy but thought it would be cool to make it with the original Tron (or maybe Flynn) instead. Here's a couple reference shots I had in mind. I just want to do the character justice and can't find the right reference photo angle to do so... :(

(The 2nd pic is my FPO on the working poster.)
I think I get what you're going for. I like it. I can get you some reference shots this weekend if that's not too late.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back