Trimming up Grips for Blade Runner blaster.

propmainiac

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all
I need to trim just a little (1/8) off the bottom of my grip for my blade runner build....What's the best way to do this? Want to do it right and not mess them up. Thanks

Following your other thread on this build, could you not just add material to make the frame fit your grips?
If you want to cut them down i would recommend a belt sander and go steady. You will need to leave a bit of material so that you can progress through finer grit paper to then be able to polish it back to a shine?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If you don't have a belt sander, I'd suggest a miter box and hand saw. You might have to build a jig to keep the grips in place while you saw.

If you don't have a belt sander, and you can't afford a power tool, just head down to the hardware store and buy a sanding block for $5, and whatever the sand paper costs.

I have several kinds of sanders, including a belt sander. I end up using the electric hand sander more than any other because it's so portable. Those only run about $20.

If your a steady hand though, you can remove most of the material with a dremel, and then just sand the rest flat with a sanding block and different grit paper until you can run a polish wheel over it.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back