Transformers: Age of Extinction

UGHHHHH. *FACEPALM*. Why is he directing a reboot of his own trilogy??? If it's going to be a reboot, he needs to turn the project over to someone else. I'm not a huge fan of Michael Bay, or his Transformer films.

transformers_the_movie.jpg

I watched this again a few months ago, and it still gets a bigger emotional reaction out of me than any of Bay's films.

Agreed!! I have the 25th anniversary remastered dvd and I still love it.

It's pretty much an oxymoron to do a reboot of your own work. LOL...

I only care about one thing,
in a word...............

DINOBOTS !!

:darnkids

Last edited by a moderator:
Article calls it a reboot and then goes on to say that is is an evolution of the first three with Optimus and Bumblebee still in it, but new cast for the rest

Article calls it a reboot and then goes on to say that is is an evolution of the first three with Optimus and Bumblebee still in it, but new cast for the rest

New cast consisting of the US Navy, National Guard, the Marine Corpse and the US Air Force. Wait... Weren't they already in the previous Transformers movies? Meh, I don't think Bay will care since he makes it a habit of turning the real Transformers into side characters in their own bloody films.

Well my hopes for a more G1 inspired series of movies just got shot to hell. Back to watching the originals on dvd and enjoying the reboot of the g1 comics. Apparently they haven't noticed that the reboot of the comics is going strong and has tons of readers and would work well for a movie. I wish i could go back in time and prevent Bay from ever touching a movie camera. No talent hack.

Call me crazy, but I always thought this was a better way to go with the look of our beloved Transformers:

Transformers - YouTube

I would prefer this look too.

I wouldn't mind seeing the first episodes of the original animated series made into a movie. I liked that story.

Focus on the robots. Give them more personality and backstory, so when one of them gets killed I at least know who it was.

Yeah, definitely. In the Bay films, I couldn't even tell what the hell was supposed to be happening half the time.

The bouncing camera made me dizzy. About the only good thing about the films was Peter Cullen. I wish they'd have gotten the surviving original cast together for the characters including Cullen as Ironhide. What steams me is how proud Bay seems to be that he isn't a fan of Transformers.

I think insisting a reboot of your own work basically says he wished he could do it all over again and has regrets.

Geeze these reboots are happening more often than rebooting my own computer!

I'm kinda half and half over the new films,on the one hand when I watch the new generation of Transformers back....ohh,early '02 or so I didn't recognize spit so what Bay did didn't shock me.

Also rewatching the old cartoon...in fact MOST of the stuff i watched back then is painful,the 1986 "movie" wasn't half bad,but the rest? geeze I watched this? the hell was wrong with me???

But I do agree something closer to what the old show was would be better,I don't remember Spike being the focus of the show like the last three films....I wanna see ROBOTS as the stars,thanks.

This is kind of ridiculous......

I like the films where they are. Leave them be!!!!!!!

It better be a darn good movie, Bay!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back