Toy Story - Woody / Jessie / Stinky Pete / Forky

How come woody always has a holster but no gun?

I started a thread years ago on this very topic.
The idea is that Woody is a cowboy. What cowboy doesn't have a gun? Since Disney doesn't want to promote guns, it's accepted that the gun was lost years ago. So with his empty holster you still get that gun 'flavor'.

Good point. And that's what I came up with as well. I don't remember if it was stated in the movie, but it COULD have been !

Remember when Woody is in the yard sale, and the Collector examines Woody, he gives an analysis of Woody's condition as a collectable. He might have said something like, "missing gun" or something to that effect.

Good point. And that's what I came up with as well. I don't remember if it was stated in the movie, but it COULD have been !

Remember when Woody is in the yard sale, and the Collector examines Woody, he gives an analysis of Woody's condition as a collectable. He might have said something like, "missing gun" or something to that effect.

Al never said anything like this in the yard sale. Woody just never had a gun =). It was never depicted with a gun on the merchandise in the second movie, neither in the show, he just comes without it.

I like the theory that he had belong to Andy's Dad, whose own father worked on it as a prototype figure before the factory making Woody Dolls for Woody's Round Up closed.

I like the theory that he had belong to Andy's Dad, whose own father worked on it as a prototype figure before the factory making Woody Dolls for Woody's Round Up closed.

Yeah, there's another theory where it says the young girl owning Jessie was Andy's mom, because Andy had a red hat in the first movie, just like the girl in the second ^^

Al never said anything like this in the yard sale. Woody just never had a gun =). It was never depicted with a gun on the merchandise in the second movie, neither in the show, he just comes without it.

I had to watch it again to be sure. ;)
You're right, Al does not even make any note of the missing gun. He comments that the hat is missing, but then finds it. (which is what I mis-remembered) If the gun was missing, he would have said so. So, one would indeed conclude that the toy never had a gun.

Rather ironic since they used to have "live" cowboy shootouts in frontier land.

They even used to sell toy guns at the outpost next to the shooting gallery.

I honestly can't believe there are bespoke, handmade kits for Sporky!:lol: There are molds out there for a spork!

I still have that same Zurg but I lost the gun ages ago. I've wanted to make a more accurate version for a long time with light up mouth and Zurg-o-Vision. Most importantly, an accurate paint job!

I just saw Toy Story 4 last night (very good, I thought—not as good as TS3 but a very worthy installment), and there are a bunch of new details about Woody that we haven't seen before (or at least I didn't notice in previous films):

The buttons on his shirt are meant to be pearlescent/opalescent, not pure white.

His vest is meant to be sewn flat onto his shirt, and not a separate removable piece. There shouldn't be any obvious white stitching on it over the black cowskin spots either.

His sheriff badge is removable.

The red jewel on his holster is shiny and translucent, unlike the opaque one on the Toy Story Collection Woody.

The stitching on his hat should be a plastic lacing cord, not fabric string.

Making these little changes would really push your replica to the next level, EmmaInCandyland. The hat stitching cord should be fairly easy to find, and I'm sure you could find a plastic ruby that would be the proper size for the holster. Not sure about the buttons though.

Making these little changes would really push your replica to the next level, EmmaInCandyland. The hat stitching cord should be fairly easy to find, and I'm sure you could find a plastic ruby that would be the proper size for the holster. Not sure about the buttons though.

Yup, I think I'll be waiting for the bluray to work a bit more on these maybe =D I'm happy as they are now, but would definitely have a closer look once it gets released!

I just got out of the imax too, absolutely fantastic! It was great to see all of the toys in such details!!!

Hey guys! Now we're approaching the release of Toy Story 4, I wanted to share with you the toys I have modded:

View attachment 1029767

So I will try to keep it as brief as possible =)

I will start with the easy one, which was to swap woody's head from a TSC Woody with a new head from a new plush toy. I have repainted his face a little bit:

View attachment 1029781

Next, was probably the most complicated... I had cut all of Jessie's hair, and use single wool strings that I placed carefully on her head, when all was done, I braided it. For the body, I had to re sewn the entire upper part to make her a bit thinner as for some reasons all of the available Jessies do not have an accurate body. Then I used the bottom of my TSC figure and adjusted the waist and sewn it back to the top:

View attachment 1029782

Next is Forky, I had bought the available kit but his size was a bit too big for me, so I decided to look for another one. I did find him, however he was made in an entire mold, so I trimmed down his legs, and remade it entirely with what I had in hand:

View attachment 1029783

And finally Stinky Pete. This version was a "Vintage" Young Epoch Stinky Pete. To make it a bit more screen accurate, I decided to re sculpt his beard so the "talking mouth" lines aren't visible anymore, and repainted him entirely! It necessitated a lot of time in between the steps, but quite happy with this one:

View attachment 1029785

View attachment 1029786

Thanks! Let me know what you think!
The body was just the first wave of Toy Story Collection.

View attachment 1030288

The new plush toy is this one:

View attachment 1030290
Hey bro! Help me please! What kind of paints did you use for Woody's face and what mechanism did you use to blend the cheeks and paint his lips?

By the way guys, I thought you might want to see an update picture of my collection!

DSC_0341.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back