Toy Story 4 (Post-release)

What did you think of Toy Story 4?

• Total voters
I saw it tonight,....absolutely fantastic,...the quality of the graphics were out of this world, there were times when the CG humans came into the story & broke the illusion

The only negative I can say is...why?

There's no need for this sequel....the trilogy would have been fine

J

Same here that and how Woody went off in the end.

For me that was out of character for him

I don’t think it was really out of character. I mean even in the third movie he was about to leave the gang in Sunnyside to go back to Andy. He had already a good run with 2 kids so it was either going back to the closet or fulfil a more meaningful life with Bo. Woody was always conflicted by the bigger picture which involved: being with one kid for life and get played with for some years or bring joy to kids in a more ephemeral way... and we’ve seen that throughout his evolution. I just think he voted for the bigger picture this time.

Supposedly this is the last one according to Hanks.

I don’t believe it for a minute.

While this fell short of the Box Office they were expecting, I still say they are going to drop the Woody and Buzz characters, ie Tom and Tims paychecks, and reboot the franchise

Sometimes they take a franchise one movie too far.
My son loved 'Cars' since his childhood- he truly hated 'Cars 3', a passing of the torch film I think was intended to breath more life into the franchise.
'Shrek Fourever'- it took the familiar not into new territory as intended but it a dark uncomfortable place.
'Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull' - A few good moments but a lot of eye rolling ones, it just made me want to see the earlier films instead. No idea how or what we will end up with for the fifth film.
I have not seen this new Toystory yet but the most universal responce I have found is that the trilogy did things fine and ended well- no need for this one, no matter how well done it is

Supposedly this is the last one according to Hanks.

I don’t believe it for a minute.

While this fell short of the Box Office they were expecting, I still say they are going to drop the Woody and Buzz characters, ie Tom and Tims paychecks, and reboot the franchise

Far short? It's been out a little over a week and it's almost over 500 million WW lol

Saw this weekend. I felt like what Woody did was even more mature than any of the other films. I loved the antique store, and the Gabby Gabby's motivations there made much more sense than the mob style motivations of Lotso in Toy Story 3.

I felt Forky was an interesting take on a toy character, however issue was that 90% of the humor around him was "Cringe Humor". A trend I can't wait to die. (It will date all these 2010's comedies some day)

There were too many times where the original characters were there for nothing more than background. Ham didn't even say many quips when there were some obvious spots for it.

Yep fell short.

Opening weekend they were expecting 140- 160 Million US, it only pulled 120 million.

2nd weekend it dropped off as well

Of course it will make money, BUT will it have staying power at the Box Office

Time will tell....

Far short? It's been out a little over a week and it's almost over 500 million WW lol

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back