TOS Playmates Tricorder Questions

SirJediKnightTim

I now have a AA TOS Phaser and AA Communicator on the way. I'm looking for a TOS tricorder to display with them. For lack of anything better (cheaper), I have decided on a Playmates TOS tricorder (still have to find one first).

Is there any upgrades that you guys have done on this tricorder (added leather strap, metal parts etc.)?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ursus43 @ Apr 30 2006, 03:15 AM) [snapback]1235787[/snapback]</div>
As long as you don't mind it being smaller than a regular tric.... :(
[/b]

It sounds like I need to wait on my tricorder. It doesn't sound like this one is too popular.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SirJediKnightTim @ Apr 30 2006, 07:04 AM) [snapback]1235784[/snapback]</div>
I now have a AA TOS Phaser and AA Communicator on the way...[/b]

Is that the Vegas ST: Experience communicator, or is AA now making a TOS communicator? If AA are, tell us where you got it.

I've not heard that AA was going to make a TOS communicator.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jimbo890 @ Apr 30 2006, 10:31 AM) [snapback]1235864[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SirJediKnightTim @ Apr 30 2006, 07:04 AM) [snapback]1235784[/snapback]

Is that the Vegas ST: Experience communicator, or is AA now making a TOS communicator? If AA are, tell us where you got it.

[/b][/quote]

It's the Vegas ST: Experience communicator. I thought it was made by AA?

I received the communicator from the Vegas ST, and when I flipped it open the sounds were not great. It almost sounds like a blown speaker would sound. All of the other sounds were great. BUT, it also has something broken off inside, and I can hear it shaking around in there. Is this "normal" with these? I have been waiting 10 days for my DHL call tag for a replacement communicator. I called them yesterday to see where it was, and they told me that they didn't send the call tag yet?.?.?.?. So I'm still waiting for that. So it will be at least 2 - 3 weeks by the time I get the replacement.

Let me know if anybody elses Vegas ST TOS communicator does this as well, and maybe I'll just keep the one I got. But I would like a better one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SirJediKnightTim @ Apr 30 2006, 07:48 AM) [snapback]1235871[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jimbo890 @ Apr 30 2006, 10:31 AM) [snapback]1235864[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SirJediKnightTim @ Apr 30 2006, 07:04 AM) [snapback]1235784[/snapback]

[/b][/quote]

It's the Vegas ST: Experience communicator. I thought it was made by AA?

[/b][/quote]

No, it appears that Paramount contracted with the asian manufacturers that built the MR communicator for a run of comms to sell in thier Experience shop. I doubt very seriously that MR knew this would happen but they have no control over it as Paramount controlled the license. Same tooling, substandard parts. I addressed your other questions regarding this comm in your "other" post.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back