TOS BSG Studio Scale Shuttle

mslz22

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone first and foremost the greatest appreciation on this one to Sean C, and Ryan (bellawood) for this project, almost all of the scratchbuilding on this is Sean C, i am only scratching the kit part components. Kit part contributions are by all 3 of us, but mostly Sean and Ryan. Now the fun stuff....

This is the Studio Scale TOS BSG shuttle, made perfectly symmetrical by Sean. This is important because the original is quite wonky in some parts, so some of the angles and some of the measurements will differ from the original ever so slightly, but all in the name of making this symmetrical. This will also slightly effect some of the kit parts, but so far none that i have noticed more than a mm or so. 99% of the kit parts are there, only 1 or 2 needed to be scratched and those are very small parts. Sean even engineered a waist plate that has built in stops/brackets for a pipe armature. Both the front and back halves are hollow, and the engines will be cast off the kit, making for easy lighting. Sean also engineering a beautifully fitting interior (which has no kit parts as of yet in the pics) also easy to light.

Most of the kit parts need to be cast off of this thing so that the body can be cast with as little seams as possible, the back half in the pics is the test casting, uncleaned, only the vents snapped off. For the back half there is no seam line in the length of the body itself, only at the separation of the inner and outer core. The forward body will be similar, but will need 1 seam along one of the sides do to undercuts.

I am about 80% done on the mold making on this one, and i hope to have it wrapped up in a week or so. This kit has an amazing amount of greeblies, nearly all of which need to be cast off the body, making this one of the highest part # projects i have been involved in.

Thanks again to everyone.
mike

Hey everyone first and foremost the greatest appreciation on this one to Sean C, and Ryan (bellawood) for this project, almost all of the scratchbuilding on this is Sean C, i am only scratching the kit part components. Kit part contributions are by all 3 of us, but mostly Sean and Ryan. Now the fun stuff....

This is the Studio Scale TOS BSG shuttle, made perfectly symmetrical by Sean. This is important because the original is quite wonky in some parts, so some of the angles and some of the measurements will differ from the original ever so slightly, but all in the name of making this symmetrical. This will also slightly effect some of the kit parts, but so far none that i have noticed more than a mm or so. 99% of the kit parts are there, only 1 or 2 needed to be scratched and those are very small parts. Sean even engineered a waist plate that has built in stops/brackets for a pipe armature. Both the front and back halves are hollow, and the engines will be cast off the kit, making for easy lighting. Sean also engineering a beautifully fitting interior (which has no kit parts as of yet in the pics) also easy to light.

Most of the kit parts need to be cast off of this thing so that the body can be cast with as little seams as possible, the back half in the pics is the test casting, uncleaned, only the vents snapped off. For the back half there is no seam line in the length of the body itself, only at the separation of the inner and outer core. The forward body will be similar, but will need 1 seam along one of the sides do to undercuts.

I am about 80% done on the mold making on this one, and i hope to have it wrapped up in a week or so. This kit has an amazing amount of greeblies, nearly all of which need to be cast off the body, making this one of the highest part # projects i have been involved in.

Thanks again to everyone.
mike

Happy molding Mike !!!:thumbsup

I've been looking forward to this Kit for a long time. :love
This is definatly a must-HAVE!

Great work Mike, Sean, & Ryan !!
can't wait to see more!,

M

Sweet.

If you are starting a list for who is interested in a kit, please add me.

Looking forward to watching your work in progress.

^
Me too!!

What a cool subject,can't believe that theres one coming out.
Fantastic job to all the boy's,Sean,Ryan and Mike.
Good stuff fella's,looking forward to getting one..:cool

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back