Question Topic restart, New topic and the best place for them

Plokman

Hello,
I have been on the forums for a month and a week and I'm still finding my way around, so I thought I'd check with the experts on two matters. First off I made a thread a while back about finding sources of wood for some Harry Potter prop wands I am going to be making. I have found the sources I seek and have been posting updates on my work creating the props, such as describing my methods of creating the Cores for these wands.

Even if the wands don't have real magic I like to stick to the source in such details, but I feel that the original name for the thread is inaccurate now and also I had some mishaps in it. Said mishap was not meant to be creepy and stalker like, I have a unfortunate gift of worry if I don't hear back from someone within a short time frame, I will worry that something has befallen them and worry they might be hurt or worse. But this kind of worry unfortunately came off bad to the person in question and as per their request I have not spoke to them or mentioned their name, I meant no harm and am trying to be as respectful as possible.

So I actually think my question has changed now that I think of it for that topic. So my question and this may answer both of the ones I had to start with is should I start a fresh topic on my methodology and advice seeking for my wand props, and if so where is the best part of the forums to post this new thread?

My second question is where would be the best place to place a thread on making wood look more like teeth, bone like protrusions, and claws than wood?

Forgive me if I have been a bother and I hope not to repeat my earlier mistake. I really do not want to be removed from this prop making community, it is a great place to be a part of.

Thank you for your time and good luck to all of you,
Joey "The Plokman" Tripp Nimmo

P.S. Is there by any chance a list of existing tags? I ask as I am so used to other tag systems, like that of Deviant Art that I keep instinctively trying to put ones suited to my post and nearly make a major error. If that question is one you not supposed to ask please ignore it and I'll not ask again.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back