Top Gun: Maverick

I look forward to taking my parents to this. This was on all the time at my house growing up...

Even my MOM liked Top Gun...

Is it realistic? I dunno... last night I watched Tony Stark hanging off the bottom of a jet, so I'm long past caring.

I just wanna watch and hear jets on Imax.

My mom is hoping she'll live long enough to see Tom Cruise's obituary. She hates him. :lol:

In this video he says Maverick is flying an SR-72...but isn’t that project effectively a drone? I had read that the successor to the Blackbird was going to be a UAV.

Sounds like this movie is a fictional story for a mainstream audience.

My mom is hoping she'll live long enough to see Tom Cruise's obituary. She hates him. :lol:

BTW, I was talking to her about this today and she said that the best ending to this movie is Tom Cruise dying in the worst way a pilot could die. I said "Probably with fire in the cockpit and the ejection seat malfunctions." and she said "Yes! They should do that!" :lol:

In this video he says Maverick is flying an SR-72...but isn’t that project effectively a drone? I had read that the successor to the Blackbird was going to be a UAV.

I've read everything from it being a drone to it being "optionally manned". I don't know if they even have a prototype or if it's still a concept. I'm also not sure if that would even be a Navy project. It would more likely be tested and flown by USAF personnel like the SR-71. Of course the U.S. military (probably more likely the politicians?) seems to like to do joint projects to keep the costs down when they can, so who knows?

I've read everything from it being a drone to it being "optionally manned". I don't know if they even have a prototype or if it's still a concept. I'm also not sure if that would even be a Navy project. It would more likely be tested and flown by USAF personnel like the SR-71. Of course the U.S. military (probably more likely the politicians?) seems to like to do joint projects to keep the costs down when they can, so who knows?
I haven't seen anything about a proposed SR-71 replacement in ages but if there is still a program for it, depending on when the project was launched, it'll probably be a drone of some sort. It would make sense for an "SR-72" to basically be a high performance equivalent to the Global Hawk.

As for who controls the program, my money would be on the Air Force. As much as Congress like joint programs, I can't see the Navy wanting or caring to be involved since they've (as far as I know) been involved in the strategic reconnaissance game, at least outside of satellites. They tend to be more interested in platforms that can directly support fleet operations and are more interested in knowing where everybody's ships, subs, and shore defense are than tanks and missiles in the middle of a country.

Any SR program would be Air Force for sure. Insufficient reason for a Navy variant.

In this century there aren't many reasons left for super-fast spy drones. Never mind piloted spy planes.

#topgunthumbsup.gif

Hello Guys,
I just saw trailer, it looks interesting to me.
Which Maverick's outfit you like most, Jumpsuit, Brown Leather Jacket or Olive Green Flight Jacket?
I couldn't see first movie yet so, Is he wearing the same old movie leather jacket?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back