Tomb Raider Reborn Prop progress

kristen jones

Master Member
Hello, all...

Longtime lurker checking in! I've been working away at props for my take on the new Tomb Raider 2013 outfit. I've been conversating back and forth with two members here: JennCroft and TheLadyNerd (hey, gals!) and have wanted to show off a bit of my progress.

First up is a look at my Holster/equipment set. Here you can see Lara's M1911 with extended magazine and muzzle brake, her black and yellow iconic walkie talkie, her climbing rope and her magazine pouches.

IMG_20130321_093027_zps48a91b7e.jpg

second is a peek at the Arrow Quiver and Shoulder Strap, respecively:

IMG_20130326_090036_zps3d40eb18.jpg

IMG_20130326_090120_zps18d1ce08.jpg

IMG_20130326_090155_zps7a675476.jpg

Finally, a shot of just the holster, followed by a closeup detail of the pistol:

IMG_20130316_194321_zpse8dd3652.jpg

IMG_20130317_174039_zpsc23ec379.jpg

Also, here's a look at my pendant necklace:

4d1d10b0-4d5c-459a-b47b-a0eaa9090913_zpsf9caeb6b.jpg

This pendant came with the strategy guide, but I ditched the lousy necklace that came with it and braided this one myself out of hemp twine.

I still have a great deal of distressing to do to the clothing, so until that is complete I won't have any shots of me in the outfit. Also, I am *anxiously* awaiting my resin axe prop kit from Jenn so that I can begin making that beauty a reality.

Thanks for looking guys, and thanks so much to Jenn and TheLadyNerd for all of your encouragement! :D

K.

Nice work finding everything! I'm still playing the game (about 70% through) and it looks good!

Agreed! The game is the best so far IMO. I've played them all... but I am so loving this new direction for Lara's character. The time was right, and I think we now have a successful reboot of a classic series.

Thanks, Division 6... i wanted them to look well used. Nothing worse than a good outfit like this one that's supposed to be distressed but it looks too clean.

K.

I haven't started the game yet. I was hoping someone here would make a quality version of the pendant. A few people made some nice green stone pieces in the past. I can't see myself buying the one that comes with that strategy guide.

Here are a few test shots of the outfit. It needs to be distressed still... but this is the first time that I've actually put it all on at once

DSC01864_zps446c1a63.jpg

DSC01866_zpsb26916ed.jpg

DSC01870_zps8779c93f.jpg

Nicely Done! Everything looks great and the costume is certainly coming along nicely. I am a big fan of lara's new look for sure.

Last edited:
Nicely Done! Everything looks great and the costume is certainly coming along nicely. I am a big fan of lara's new look for sure.

thank you so much!

a bit after posting this I got to work distressing the top...it looks much better now, though it needs some blood stains.

I have to decide between the three pairs of pants that i like for this before I start distressing that bit.

Also, ice axe should be coming along soon. :D

K.

Well done. You make a great Lara and the costumes Looking great! Only just had time to sit down and start playing the game

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Great costume so far kristenhenry70! The weathering on all the props is so fantastic that you look too clean with it all on lol!

Great costume so far kristenhenry70! The weathering on all the props is so fantastic that you look too clean with it all on lol!

I know, LOLZ.... I have to get the clothes (and ME) much dirtier!

I tried a bit more on my hair today. Here's a couple of shots of the horizontal layering. I tried to get that chunkiness that Lara has in the bangs, and also to have the long layered pieces that are tucked behind her ears:

DSC01871_zps43259206.jpg

DSC01873_zpsc7d64f1c.jpg

I even remembered the dual hoop earrings! :D

K.

You make a great LC! I am loving the attention to detail, the distressing came out really well. will you be working on the axe?

You make a great LC! I am loving the attention to detail, the distressing came out really well. will you be working on the axe?

yes! I've bought one of the resin cast axe kits from our very own JennCroft! As soon as it shows up i'll be working on finishing that.

One can't be a proper Croft without an ice axe! :p

K.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back