Tomb Raider (2013) Ice Axe Build

Amazing job Nerfenstein! Did you have the dimensions of the original axe (because it looks more proportionally correct than most other handmade axes I've seen)?

Aww thanks guys, so nice of you to take the time to leave feedback, really appreciate it.

@Lysia - I sadly didn't have any dimensions, I did an outline drawing of an image I found online of Lara's axe, so I'm not sure if it is the right size, I did it so it felt good in my hand basically.

Aww thanks guys, so nice of you to take the time to leave feedback, really appreciate it.

@Lysia - I sadly didn't have any dimensions, I did an outline drawing of an image I found online of Lara's axe, so I'm not sure if it is the right size, I did it so it felt good in my hand basically.
Looks good, seems the Ice Axe has been quite a popular addition to the prop world.

As for sizing, its a 50cm axe. I have no idea where its measured from, but I took mine from the base of the handle to the top above the bolt nearest the pick, seems correct or at least close enough.

My axe arrived safe and sound from you wonderful ladies today. It is absolutely incredible! The detail is exquisite, and it's already on my wall. Beautiful job!

dang,kept checking the Etsy page but no available, just preorder. I wasn't sure if the preorder includes shipping to the states...the price diff. would make sense then.

I got a little somethin' somethin' in the mail today as well. :)

I am having one issue though, it looks like the root part of the blade didn't get as much resin love as the tip, and it warps very easily there, in addition to being split.

I'm thinking I could squirt some Gorilla Glue (which is also polyurethane, IIRC) and clamp it down, which will fill that gap and make it less warpy. What do you people that know more about this stuff than me think?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back