Tokyorose Take 2. Custom Closed Mouth. Sculpt Complete.

I love the texture detailing that you put into this sculpt! Awesome work man! Can't wait to see that first pull!!

Success! Funding came through, so this weekend I picked up everything I need in order to move forward. I have to say a huge thank you to Master Anubis for being so open and putting up with all my PM's. Cheers bud!

I'll get started on the molding tonight or tomorrow (as soon as time allows) and plan on taking tons of pictures along the way.
I also received these puppies in the mail, so I thought I'd share. I'm going to sculpt inserts that will fit inside the resin busts/display masks.
dsc01276ds.jpg

I'm pretty excited, but unfortunately this darn day job keeps getting in my way.
Thanks for looking and more soon.

Your eyes are so... captivating.

:p
No problem at all. I really was great to have a conversation like that.
happy0001.gif

I still need to sift through it and post some of it though. :D

Oh, and for the record. I thought that was a dime too. The pic with your hand in it makes it look bigger.

Whoa.... I really love how your crown turned out on this.

I haven't been in the suit threads that much, but you have created a true work of art here. Excellent! (y)

I must try and find time to browse this place a bit more.....I've not seen this until now.....feking sweet sculpt man.
Love the shape of the crown......are those lions eyes you got there?

I must try and find time to browse this place a bit more.....I've not seen this until now.....feking sweet sculpt man.
Love the shape of the crown......are those lions eyes you got there?

Thanks a lot Skunk. I'm a big fan of your Pieces. You are one talented mofo. Cheers!

And actually they are Leopard. These are the 28mm Small Pupil version, but I think I'll order some Large Pupil next time around. I picked them up here:
http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/Small-Pupil-C2596.aspx
Looking through a bunch of different taxidermy websites, these were the closest I have found to the original P1 eyes. They're by no means spot on but as far as readily available eyes, I'm really happy with them.

Hey Everybody!

It's been way too long.
I've had some pretty huge changes over the last few months and haven't had the time to get on here as often as I would like. Now that I'm settled, I'll do my best to be around more.
I've relocated to a new city and been working full time as a Make-Up Artist/Special Effects Technician in the Film and Television Industry, It's been an absolute blast and I count my lucky stars each and everyday. I'm actually in the process of sculpting/creating my first full Creature costume for an Independent Short film. Being paid to sit and sculpt for 8 hours a day is seriously a dream come true and I find myself utilizing tips and techniques I've had the privelege of learning about right here on the lair. So a big thank you to all of you who have been open and awesome enough to share and mentor fellow Lair members like myself.

Anyway... back to the topic at hand.
My poor pred head has unfortunately been frozen in a corbonite like state and toted around with me on this crazy adventure.
Before I moved, I got half of the face molded in Urethane and reinforced with a fiberglass Mother Mold. Alas... that's as far as it got. The mold walls that I built caused a bit of damage to the back of the head. Nothing too major, but enought that I need to clean it up before I finish molding the back of the head.
I am a bit worried that having left the mask for as long as I have, there could be some issues demolding it. Originally I intended to do a Urethane Mold followed by and Ultra Cal mold, giving me the option to run Resin and Latex copies. I'm still hoping things will work out this way, but if there is an issue demolding, I may be forced to do a lot more resculpting than I planned.

Here are a few pictures of the project as it stands:

Mashed Potato Head (Urethane layer)
img0017ba.jpg

img0014awi.jpg

Fiberglass Mother Mold
img0041ser.jpg

img0057sl.jpg

Back side, waiting for some cleanup and its date with the mashed potatoes.
img0084oi.jpg

I made some really stupid rookie mistakes getting to this point, but learned a lot. There's nothing like hands on experience.
I'm hoping I haven't done too much damage and want to get around to finishing it as soon as I can.

Thanks for looking.

Congrats on the career move man.

It's good to see people doing as they love. I can't wait to see what your potato comes out like.

Thanks for the kind words guys. It means a lot.

Just about to head out to the garage; I'm going to do all of the clean up on the back of the head today but I don't think I'll get a chance to start the Urethane layer quite yet. I'll keep you posted!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back