Tmnt starting out! Help?

CharlieBoy

Hi guys. I'm a very new sculptor. This is actually my first attempt. I've been researching for quite some time on how to make masks and have read a lot of your posts and seen your great work.

Here is what I came up with during my two hours of work. I'm getting used to the clay finally and am finding ways to manipulate it.

I don't know which turtle I am going for. The head band is just for reference on where the eyes will go.

I know the face is a little funny looking right now I bet. Sorry. Could anyone give me some helpful suggestions? Any constructive criticism is welcome. I'm a rookie at this but I'm having fun.

Help away!

I like the proportions of the top, but think shaving down the mouth area some, lifting it, and fleshing out the cheeks may improve your look. Keep it up, great start!

Thanks for your input guys. I'm not really trying to replicate a certain turtle from the movies. Not that I'm putting my own original spin on it and making it completely original either. Here is some improvements I've made. I ran out of clay so tomorrow I'll work on the back of the head.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back