TIE fighter's original color - Not what you think.....

Some Micro Machines TIE Interceptors and TIE Fighters were dark red. Now I know why. Yes folks, the red vehicles made it as far as merchandise.

Some Micro Machines TIE Interceptors and TIE Fighters were dark red. Now I know why. Yes folks, the red vehicles made it as far as merchandise.
You mean the Kenner Micro Collection vehicles, not Galoob's Micro Machines, I think?

I didn't know Kenner ever released any micro vehicles for Star Wars. I'm pretty sure the red TIEs I saw are from Galoob. I could be wrong though, but that's my impression. Galoob had a pretty good monopoly on micro scaled Star Wars toys. They even had several scales of "microness". There were the ones that had removable pilots, and then there were much smaller ones that were only 2 to 3 inches long. They also produced a bunch of micro play sets. Some years ago, Galoob was bought by Hasbro, and then Hasbro released a few micro Star Wars vehicles in the last couple years. I honestly never heard of Kenner producing any micro Star Wars toys.

Well I'll be... I didn't know about those. However, the red TIE Interceptors I've seen are definitely... something else.

Apparently it's marketed as a Royal Guard's TIE Interceptor.
Star Wars Royal Guard Tie Interceptor Titanium Series Die-Cast Die Cast Diecast Metal 2 5/8" Galoob - RONS RESCUED TREASURES

Scroll a bit for this one:
Jeff & Jeff's Pandemonium: Titanium goodness

I'm getting conflicting results as to what line these are from, so I'll break it down this way:
1. Galoob is the original inventor of Micro Machines. Within Micro Machines, they produced a line of Star Wars toys called Action Fleet.
2. Some internet results are saying the red TIE Interceptor is from the Action Fleet line by Galoob.
3. Hasbro eventually bought Galoob and did virtually nothing with the Micro Machines brand until recently when they released the Titanium series.
4. Some results are saying the red TIE Interceptor is from the Titanium series.
5. Here is a correction of my mistake: The red TIE Interceptor is much smaller than the line of Micro Machines Star Wars vehicles that had removable pilots. As such, the red TIE Interceptor does not have a removable pilot.
6. One way or another, Hasbro's recent Titanium series is meant to be a re-christening of the Micro Machines brand.

So are the new maroon colored TFA TIE Fighters inspired a bit by classic TIE's original color?

Star-Wars-First-Order-TIE-Fighter.jpgStar-Wars-First-Order-TIE-Fighter1.jpgtie3-horz.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back