Thundercats Sword of Omens build (6/10 - first pull - w. images pg.9)

Re: Thundercats Sword of Omens build (updated 8-20, about stinkin' time ^^; )

I too would like one. I joined this site just so I could get in on this. Keep up the good work and keep those updates comin'.

Nice to see the work has not stopped on this! It looks like its almost done as well!!

Re: Sword of Omens build (updates pg. 3)

sight%5D.jpg

See the horror of your own reflection fevereon!!

lol sorry couldnt help myself there...

By Jaga this is awesome stuff. Thanks for sharing!!

You have no idea how much I'll want the final product. Just seeing these pictures are taking me back to my childhood.

Putting these two pics side by side shows what a great job you did! Although, does anyone else think the right "wing guard" is a little higher in his sword? I think it makes the wings look a little too angled up compared to the cartoon photo. However, this could just be the right wing causing that? Anyone else see it? Amazing job, and I'm all about buying one.

I think i posted too big of a pic earlier. Hope this is easier to see....

I think what your seeing is just a matter of his pic being slightly rotated. I put both your images into Photoshop and overlaid them and corrected their rotation. See what you think now.

I think what your seeing is just a matter of his pic being slightly rotated. I put both your images into Photoshop and overlaid them and corrected their rotation. See what you think now.

Haha. Well I absolutely 100% stand corrected. I think that is pretty darn spot on. You're right about the rotation. I think the scaling of the image also threw me. And this is exactly why I'm a buyer, and not a sculptor! Can't wait to buy one. Count me in! Thanks for doing the overlay.

OH WOW!! I love it! I wanted to ask if you are thinking about making the eye of Thundera (thundercats logo) light up? Just curious...but still amazing! I gotta have one!

Now we need the lion claw! ;)

What a prop! Great job, I love the photoshop job on the picture a few post up also! This sword brings me back to my younger days! Thundercats, Thundercats, Thundercats, ohhhhhhhhhh! I just saw the toy version of the sword at Wal-mart tonight, and thought to myself where was this when I was a kid. I had to use a broomstick, and a baseball glove for the claw! Im going to show this to my son when I get a chance. Ill post what his reaction was like, cause he loves the new animated show. Like I said good job, and thanks for sharing!

yo think you would sale mt a copy of your sword drawing on the full size sword of omans my e-mail is wolvie101@kc.rr.com ty

I recently got back to working in 3D and Luxology Modo, and when I saw the absolutely horrible quality of exisiting 3D renders available of the sword of omens I started working on my own version.

I only just now stumbled upon both this forum and this particular project, finally a version with exellent detail and craftmanship!

At any rate, here is a simple screendump in open gl and preview render mode, as you can see I have also started on the original sword pedestal used in the pilot episode. A quite nice touch as artwork of that pedestal is almost impossible to find!

This project is so awesome! It makes me ache to do something for myself in the shop and that isn't lightsabers LOL!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back